• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Gaming World Says Good-Bye to Akira Toriyama

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Villain-chan wrote:
3. I don't even care about the V-PETS (Though one of ya'll does so maybe u can answer this) but, if the V-Pets in Japan are in Japanese language then that right there is why they need to bring them out of Japan with a translation for the other parts of the world.

Just jumping in here as someone who was collecting them a few years ago: Most of the V-pets in the entire franchise either have very little Japanese text, are entirely in English, or have no text menus at all. And for the former, there are many quick fan-guides online for using them easily.

The Pendulum Color V-pets also have menus entirely in English, making them even easier to import if you're so inclined. It's made using my Nature Spirits Pendulum device a total snap, not sure I can go back to my Digital Monster Color pet at this rate Laughing

At any rate, the topic is already being given more attention than it merits. A game could be in development for a decade--if there's nothing to show, there's nothing to show. For all we know, development on the title has been scuttled numerous times and they started over from scratch a week ago. We're not entitled to that info, same as we're not entitled to every last breath someone over at Retro has taken while working on Metroid Prime 4. I think we can drop the matter.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:04 am Reply with quote
FinalVentCard wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:
Villain-chan wrote:
3. I don't even care about the V-PETS (Though one of ya'll does so maybe u can answer this) but, if the V-Pets in Japan are in Japanese language then that right there is why they need to bring them out of Japan with a translation for the other parts of the world.

Just jumping in here as someone who was collecting them a few years ago: Most of the V-pets in the entire franchise either have very little Japanese text, are entirely in English, or have no text menus at all. And for the former, there are many quick fan-guides online for using them easily.

The Pendulum Color V-pets also have menus entirely in English, making them even easier to import if you're so inclined. It's made using my Nature Spirits Pendulum device a total snap, not sure I can go back to my Digital Monster Color pet at this rate :lol:

At any rate, the topic is already being given more attention than it merits. A game could be in development for a decade--if there's nothing to show, there's nothing to show. For all we know, development on the title has been scuttled numerous times and they started over from scratch a week ago. We're not entitled to that info, same as we're not entitled to every last breath someone over at Retro has taken while working on Metroid Prime 4. I think we can drop the matter.
To the both of u for answering that part, thanks, thats good to know. I still say they should release the v-pets world wide but thats just for the sake of ease for everyone else (Lets also not forget depending where u live importing can be expensive, another reason why i say that)

As for dropping it. With all due respect, you don't get to make that call given nothing has been done wrong here. This is a discussion and u trying to shut down (how I view it) discussion on an article u wrote isn't cool just becus u don't agree with what I wrote and or don't see merit in discussing it given what u said (Might've restarted dev, if theres nothing to show then theres nothing to show).

Sure I've said all I wanted to say, but if someone else wants to chime into this discussion they have the right to do so, just as I have the right to respond back to it if theres anything else they responded with. I admit the thought they might have had to restart dev multiple times didn't cross my mind, thats a fair point but Bamco doesn't give that sort of budget for Digimon games and I'm certain they'd just cancel the game if that was to be the case instead of giving them more money for starting over. Plus like u said, we don't know, so that also means we don't know if they even did start over dev or not although as I said, i find that unlikely.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:
With all due respect, you don't get to make that call given nothing has been done wrong here.

You came into the comments of my column talking about stuff that was in no way mentioned or discussed in the column, and is not related to any prior discussion in the thread. You made inflammatory remarks about how Digimon needed to be "taken away" from Bandai because you disagree with how the franchise is handled. And this isn't the first time you've decided to sermon people about Digimon.

Ignoring how this isn't the first time you've decided to soapbox about Digimon, you've been asked nicely to stop derailing the comments. This one is the second time. There won't be a third.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:22 am Reply with quote
@ Villain-chan

This has been discussed enough. Any further responses in this thread will be moved to the secret vaults.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2