• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop does Star Trek

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwidomingobleu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Star Trek does its thing in Japan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:40 pm Reply with quote
kiwidomingobleu wrote:
Yeah, Star Trek does its thing in Japan

Oh God. Japanese dubbed Star Trek... Or maybe it's subbed? In any case, I'm interested in the manga, but I'm not expecting much. I assume that they are coming up with new characters, but putting them in the TNG timeline. Although if they use the Enterprise D crew they will probably sell more mangas. Not to mention piss off the Trekkies.

Does this mean that all the people from the Star Trek conventions will start showing up at the anime conventions too?
"Worf, I would like you to meet Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon, this is Lt. Cmdr. Worf."
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:42 am Reply with quote
At the very least it means my best friend G-man's mom could wear her Klingon costume to cons.

That'd be cool. Shocked
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Too bad, according to http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040331d.php, that things don't bode so well for the rest of Star Trek.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, I personally think Enterprise isn't that great. Voyager was super, and I think it would've been a good stopping point for the Star Trek franchise. Too bad it looks like it's over now... Sad.
kiwidomingobleu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Naw...you're right Enterprise isn't great (altho it's getting a little better I think!) but Voyager shouldn't have been the end--I'm waiting for another big jump in time, like between the original series and TNG--we need another 70+ year jump!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2