• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece's 'Prototype' Romance Dawn to be Animated

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animefan16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:39 am Reply with quote
Considering that Akira Toriyama actually created the storyline for the new DBZ special, I'd say its chances of sinking to GT level are pretty low.
Effect

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote
I agree the Dragon Ball fights were great in the original animations and that was a decade or more ago. I can't even imagine what they will look like now with modern animation. I used to think the openings for the games were great looking but this most likely will have a higher budget to work with then those openings did. This very well could be off the scale.

If they play this right they could very well resurrect Dragon Ball (animation wise I mean) and cause more of it to be in demand allowing it to dominate again. Don't think the teams behind Bleach or Naruto or other shounen styled shows and manga would like that but I could see this being a possible fallout.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:20 am Reply with quote
Nah. This is probably just gonna be a one time thing. TOriyama has said he has little interest in creating another DB. After this special, its unlikely that he'll agreee to make a new series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2