• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cowboy Bebop Re-Mastered

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Onv wrote:
The region 2 boxset will have the English dub and English subtitles.

It would be nice if someone actually could provide a source for this information, because I'm not seeing it listed anywhere.

The POSSIBILITY of it having english audio or subtitles is there, but I haven't seen any Japanese websites that could actually CONFIRM it.

It's listed in this thread:
http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=region234&Number=586096&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Onv wrote:

Exactly where in the thread is it mentioned? (with a link to a site to confirm it as well?) Of course I can't read what Moonphase or Amazon Japan's pages say, but cdJapan usually knows what they're talking about, and there is no mention of either English audio, or any subs at all let alone English.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quote
If the moonphase link is this one:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20040715

I can't read AoDVDs forums, so I can't tell for sure, but syr on the chatroom pointed the above link out. At any rate, there's still no mention of subs or English there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tamakun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote
If these gets a rerelease from Bandai locally, I might be interested in picking it up. The high price was a major factor in me not grabbing it, as awesome as the series is. Now with Bandai doing its own distribution, I would hope the pricepoint would be lower.

And I don't even have a Surround-sound system, so it'd totally be pointless for me to pick it up right now, but It'd be nice to have - for the future. Wink
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt that Bandai will allow it to be subbed on the R2

Do you really think they're not planning on releasing it here?
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Looks like no subtitles for R2 guys... [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(simple,one_line)/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-2022]cdJapan[/url]

Doesn't necesarily mean anything. CDJapan frequently has wrong or incomplete information. I've seen lots of CDs on there where they only have names for like 3 tracks out of eighteen. I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. But like people said the Blue Sub box is what's making people hope. (It comes out in a few days, I can't wait!) I wonder if the R2 box will look like the R1 one. Bandai got the idea for the R1 box from the R2 Escaflowne box, and the R1 and R2 Escaflowne box look identical except for color, so maybe the R2 Cowboy Bebop box will look like the R1 one.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:33 pm Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:

Doesn't necesarily mean anything. CDJapan frequently has wrong or incomplete information.

The don't always have all the track names on the English page, but they usually do on the Japanese one.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
I highly doubt that Bandai will allow it to be subbed on the R2

Do you really think they're not planning on releasing it here?

I really don't think Bandai of America has any say over what Bandai of Japan does. Everyone thinks they will, but I don't, we already got a box in R1, there's never been a japanese R2 box.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:

I really don't think Bandai of America has any say over what Bandai of Japan does. Everyone thinks they will, but I don't, we already got a box in R1, there's never been a japanese R2 box.

They have some say, but it's not their decision. I'm sure they will, especially if Eva Plat turns out to be very successful for ADV. People will buy the R2's, but more people in the US would spend money on an R1 because they don't want to spend $300 on it.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
deathbringer wrote:

They have some say, but it's not their decision. I'm sure they will, especially if Eva Plat turns out to be very successful for ADV. People will buy the R2's, but more people in the US would spend money on an R1 because they don't want to spend $300 on it.

Yeah, but Eva plat is remastered and has added scenes. CB is just better sound.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:

Yeah, but Eva plat is remastered and has added scenes. CB is just better sound.

Yeah, but my point was that people will buy the 5.1 that haven't gotten Bebop yet, especially with it being a boxset, since the original box is out of print. Even more so since a lot of the n00bs are getting into anime through Bebop.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Yeah, but my point was that people will buy the 5.1 that haven't gotten Bebop yet, especially with it being a boxset, since the original box is out of print.

Yeah, like me .

As long as Bebop's been out (both on DVD and on TV), I've only seen the entire series once, and I don't have it on DVD either, so having a remastered version wouldn't be so bad (just like how I'm collecting Eva now) Smile.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:29 am Reply with quote
The difference between this, and Blue SUb/Big O, is that those other two titles used whatever was used on the American release. This is a new 5.1 mix, and the American version doesn't have 5.1. Therefore, they can't use it.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:23 am Reply with quote
Damnit, and I bought that "Best Sessions" disc for nuthin'.

I'll probably end up with it if Bandai releases it locally, though I'd be far eager-er to plunk down my cash if they, say, remastered the video perhaps maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:02 am Reply with quote
I hope they re-master the ending, while they're at it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4