• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Just a heads up for anyone who bought or was planning to buy Funimation's Code Geass release. Its been reported on Fandom Post that some of the CE boxes are crooked and furthermore (You ready for this Blood-?) the R2 dub audio maybe in mono. I'll also post this in Funi thread.
lem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

Spice & Wolf The Anniversary Collector's Edition.

I sure would love to see a pic of that. I don't think the product page does it justice with just the cover shot I've seen. Is it heavy, as if it could double as office furniture, or? Very Happy

After spending an awful amount of time hemming and hawing over these and debating whether or not to loosen the purse strings again...

Thursday I picked up a sturdy DHL box with an art book for the In this Corner of the World Movie, the second ost cd for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikouヨコハマ買い出し紀行 ドラマCD(2) Soundtrack, and a two disc CD Soundtrack for the yet to be released here A Silent Voice movie adaptation. 映画 聲の形 オリジナル・サウンドトラック a shape of light(形態A)

...and finally after ruining my nostalgia by revisiting Escaflowne, I cancelled my pre-order for the UK release and got the JP Geneon DVD set of Now and Then, Here and There (Ima Sokoni Iru Boku)今、そこにいる僕 TV-BOX (R2 DVD) instead. After all this time and repeated viewings, Shu is still on my short list of favorite characters.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:14 am Reply with quote
@ One-Eye - yeah, that's weird. You know, I've never found Funi great with respect to audio. I've noticed on a lot of their releases, the sound doesn't seem particularly well mixed. I've often noticed that when there is loud music, the dialogue can sometimes be hard to hear.

The Code Geass CE business doesn't affect me because I have the Bandai Anime Legends versions of both seasons. Really should get around to watching them one of these days...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
lem wrote:
Quote:
I sure would love to see a pic of that.

I'll work on that, maybe later today. Have you ever seen the "compact" edition of the Oxford English Dictionary??
lem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
[Have you ever seen the "compact" edition of the Oxford English Dictionary??

just looking at what I embarrass myself here with write I'm inclined to say No. and I'm not so blind to think no one else can see that. but I do have a Kodansha's Kanji Learner's Dictionary. Does that count?

seriously though, no I haven't.

And thanks. I'm looking forward to it whenever you get a chance.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Bit of manga for the week.

Akuma no Riddle 4
Complex Age 2
Pandora Hearts 22
Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus 1
A Certain Magical Index novel 8
Nisekoi 17
Komomo Confiserie 5
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Ok photos as requested:

Exterior, the book is 11 inches high, 9 inches deep and 2 1/4 inches thick. It weighs just under 7 pounds so it is not something you can read without support. I would recommend a desk, or lectern or possibly a lap if the cat doesn't object (mine usually does). The lettering is embossed into the surface.

The book is about 20 inches wide spread out like this.

You do get the illustrations from the covers of the original books. (paperback version on left.

The original two page color illustrations are also provided on two full pages. The black and white illustrations (not shown) are provided on a full page.

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Nice pix, you big ole Spice & Wolf fanboy. Wink
lem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
That is Cool. You weren't kidding about Dictionary size. Do I spy the 03 Gutto Kuru for Holo there or is there another one that I may have missed? She's a beauty. Nice pics, Thank You.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
@lem

If you are talking about the figure with the apples, yes that is Holo. I'm not familiar with the term you used though. I still have the box somewhere around here but it would take a couple of hours to find it. That is the only Holo figure I have. I think there were others though.
lem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45

it's just the brand name on the box for the one I got from AmiAmi a long time ago. "03 Gutto Kuru Figure Collection La Beaute" and another I've yet to open. should be the same as yours? just thought there might be a variant or another maker that went with a different material.

I did manage to find two more but since Spice & Wolf to me is the wonderful back and forth between Kraft and Holo I'd like to find at least one that represents them as a couple. Like how they've done for Chise and Elias of the Ancient Magus Bride. That'd be nice to have.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
@lem

If it is the same pose it is likely the same figure. I thought it might be text from the box. Unfortunately my box is stored away where I can't easily find it. I have way too many figures and the empty boxes are stored where ever I can find room. Some in larger boxes and some stacked two deep and several boxes high in what was supposed to be an aisle between storage sections.

I think I saw something on that Chise & Elias figure. It was way expensive.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@lem.. thought it might be text from the box.
..I think I saw something on that Chise & Elias figure. It was way expensive.

I didn't bother to read the fine print on the box top, a magnifying glass was needed. And that word Gutto threw me off the way Bacodo got me when I first heard that one (it's for Barcode or the way a guys' hair looks on his balding head - which just cracks me up every time I match the two).

Is this the one for Ancient Magus Bride that you saw? Agreed it's definitely spendy. Especially when I think of how many more manga volumes I could buy instead. I noticed it on Amz JP which is not good because they can deliver it via DHL now. *have no room, must resist*

I got "Gusto" out of Gutto when I checked jadednetwork.com and my dictionary. Someone with actual Katakana Kung Fu is more than welcome to school me here but "Enthusiastic Arrival" might be what they had in mind.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordered Knights of Sidonia Season 2 Premium Edition. My RS GA membership is expiring so why not?
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Last Friday...

anime:
----------

Strike Witches: the Movie DVD/BD combo (new)
Fushigi Yugi OVA's (Media Blasters release) DVD (used)

non-anime:
-----------------

Deadpool DVD/BD combo (used)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1258 of 1401