• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kekkaishi Episodes 1-5 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strephon

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote
It's worth noting one of the differences between Kekkaishi's manga and anime incarnations: The manga has lighter, character-based chapters sprinkled throughout the first few volumes. The animators, perhaps recognizing that this sort of episode tends to be regarded as filler whether it is or not, moved most of them to the beginning of the series. The first set of episodes are therefore heavy on relatively inconsequential stories, but once the meat of the series kicks in it goes relatively uninterrupted. This may be part of the reason some people find the manga easier to get into; it also means that there's a solid, external reason for saying "it gets better later".
Keyl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:48 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
It still baffles me as why AS chose this over Soul Eater...

No. Rather, it seems outright retarded... They really are trying to kill off their anime block.

here's a reason. Soul Eater doesn't have the "when it gets really good" part that Kekkaishi. it never goes beyond what it has and this is from someone that almost watched the all episodes of it. i've only seen 30 episodes of Kekkaishi but it got much better then what Soul Eater could get. though this might just be my opinion but i'm sure a lot of people can agre with me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3