• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tactical News

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
The IGN review of the castlevainia title says you can play with up to 6 players. I'm betting on IGN :p
an.atticus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
tactics ogre for the GBA was awesome a classic for myself. This remake for the psp is going to the shit
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:

Chrno2 wrote:
Wow, didn't expect 'Tactics Ogre' to make a comeback. And of course the "family" is back. Meaning 'Matsuno', 'Akihiko' and 'Sakamoto'. Nothing like living the world at the palm of your hand.

The 'Scott Pilgrim' game, interesting. Well, let's hope it will be good. As in that someone with knowledge of the series worked on it and it not just being a bad movie knockoff.

Fear not, it's obviously coming to tie in to the movie, but the game is decidely skewed towards fans of the comic Cool

Sounds good can't wait to see what they cook up since I read the comic. Oh and vol. 6 is on the way can't wait to read the finale. Surprised
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Scott Pilgrim: Why is this even in the manga section at local bookstores?

Size, probably. Digest-sized comics tend to be shelved with manga, even when the publisher/creator doesn't call them manga. They'd get lost on the full-size comics shelves. For instance, Greg Rucka's Whiteout and Queen & Country digest editions (also published by Oni Press, like Scott Pilgrim).
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:30 am Reply with quote
What Todd? No mention of the new Super Street Fighter 3D(S) screenshots? What about the fact that Monster Rancher DS just came out!?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Size, probably. Digest-sized comics tend to be shelved with manga, even when the publisher/creator doesn't call them manga. They'd get lost on the full-size comics shelves. For instance, Greg Rucka's Whiteout and Queen & Country digest editions (also published by Oni Press, like Scott Pilgrim).

Wow that's got to be one of the lamest reasons I've ever heard.
scrapps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
fuuma_monou wrote:

Wow that's got to be one of the lamest reasons I've ever heard.

Well at actual comic book stores, Scott Pilgrim is usually not with the manga. But as the SP fandom is more skewed towards manga fans than American comics fans, it's much more profitable to put the books with the manga at the big bookstores.

Though, I've never seen any other Oni Press books in the manga section at my local bookstores.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
I dunno about you guys, but I'm seriously psyched about Scott Pilgrim. Both the movie and the game.

Ditto. I just read the last book and am eager to see how the movie adapts the story. As for the game, I love the art style and will be downloading it as soon as it is available.

Does anyone else think the Tekken x Street Fighter games are weird. The play style of the two games are very different so I don't see how either version will get the characters to mesh without changing one or both of the franchises gameplay radically.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Is it just me or is the PSP getting a pretty nice run of games going now? I know it happens occasionally and never lasts, but with Ogre coming back and Sega just announcing the Shining series being revived for PSP together with a pretty stellar games line up over the next two-three months(All those lovely Ys games, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Parasite Eve, Patapon 3) it seems I may need to keep the old piano slab charged up on a regular basis for a while... and yet even then, all I can think about is how much I want a port of Persona 4 with a female protagonist already... I am such a goddamn SMT mark.

Fear not.. it is not just you noticing, I think.
With P3P and Valkyria 2 coming out, I have finally been talked into getting a PSP.

I'm told a 2000 slim or 3000 are the best choices, yay.
ishmael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, after seeing Scott Pilgrim at Fantasia, I can say I really liked the movie. I gotta say the atmosphere was also awesome, but it's among the movie I enjoyed most this year.

I really have I hopes for the videogame too... Very Happy
Myznomer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quote
What's the relation between Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle? I'm pretty sure I recognized Warren on your wheel of characters, but as I never got past the second level in March of the Black Queen, and I've never even heard of Let Us Cling Together, I might be mistaken.
toddc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quote
Myznomer wrote:
What's the relation between Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle? I'm pretty sure I recognized Warren on your wheel of characters, but as I never got past the second level in March of the Black Queen, and I've never even heard of Let Us Cling Together, I might be mistaken.

The original Ogre Battle is the fifth episode of the Ogre Battle Saga, and Tactics Ogre: LUCT is the seventh (Ogre Battle 64 is the sixth episode, and every other Tactics/Ogre game is a side-story). Tactics Ogre features several characters from Ogre Battle, including Warren, Canopus, and Deneb.
Myznomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
toddc wrote:
Myznomer wrote:

The original Ogre Battle is the fifth episode of the Ogre Battle Saga, and Tactics Ogre: LUCT is the seventh (Ogre Battle 64 is the sixth episode, and every other Tactics/Ogre game is a side-story). Tactics Ogre features several characters from Ogre Battle, including Warren, Canopus, and Deneb.

So...wait, it starts with episode five? Interesting. Is there any reason for that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3