• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Hina Manga Returns with 1-Shot Story in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Del Rey, if you know what's good for you, GET LOVE HINA.

Agreed! Man, I never ever would expect that Love Hina would ever return, much less a one shot. I bought all the volumes from Tokyo Pop and have re-read them several times in the last couple of years.

Negima is okay, but Love Hina is the reason I really enjoyed Ken Akamatu's work. Fantastic story, exceptional detailed art and to some extent relate able characters.

For the most part, one shots are usually okay, but I'd love to see this licensed because I would seriously buy it. I'd really like Del Ray license this and do a good job. I don't normally buy one shots or in some cases, read them, but Love Hina is a special exception that I am willing to do.

I also bought the Christmas Special, the Spring special and the anime series several years ago, so would not mind buying the one shot. Also, in addition, I also bought a Love Hina figure, deck of cards, trading cards and also purchased the theme song (via I Tunes) several years ago.

This is the type of news I like and want to hear. Negima is decent, but Love Hina is truly a masterpiece.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I would totally buy a rerelease, especially if it had colour pages and this one shot. LH was one of the first series my best friend ever lent me and it has some very fond memories. I still have the novels kicking around somewhere... I could never afford to complete the manga series though Sad
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Cant wait for this and I think that would be pretty interesting if Keitaro and Naru had a child in in it. If it is going to only be 6 pages though I get the feeling its going to be more of an update story to let us know what the characters are doing now.

As for a re release please Del Rey if you are reading this get the series. I borrowed the manga from my friend years ago but want to re read it, plus I feel bad for having the anime and not the manga lol.
M7AS Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Cool. I'm slowly getting into Love Hina.

Save yourself and turn back now. Cool
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Love Hina was the first manga series I ever bought the entire release of.

I'm psyched about revisiting Hinata, even if it's just a one-shot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3