• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SyFy to Start Chrono Crusade in February

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, this might encourage me to watch anime on TV. I mainly use my computer to watch streams, and I haven't bothered to watch series on TV for a long time. I initially planned to watch this series too, so this actually makes things even better for me. I'll be looking forward to watching this.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
So this is the first time Funi will put one of their anime on Syfy. That's cool, I hope Funimation can push for more anime on TV. Very Happy

Actually, I always thought Spike TV could broadcast anime. That channel broadcast TV-MA stuff (which included non-Japanese animation). If they can broadcast Afro Samurai, why can't they do other anime. Anime could work on Spike TV, I wish Spike would give it a nice thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
\o/

tho i haven't seen the anime since like, 2004. (i have it, but i think i've re-read the manga 34234 million times since then). but any more love to chrono gets me all excited Smile maybe we'll do our chrono cosplay group again for otakon this year (though that armor nearly broke my arm D: )
animefan1238

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
My girlfriend has this show and we loved it. The dub was great in my opinion, although I'm not as picky as some who judge the dub as to the original Japanese, no offense to those who do. I think it's funny that the first episonde is called "Pilot". Hopefully Sci-Fi, not SyFy since I grew up with Sci-Fi, will air more anime with a 14 rating and take some of the Adult Swim thunder or lack there of. Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Inuyasha, GitS SAC, 2nd GIG etc. Those were the days of AD when it was awesome and fresh. Toonami was great too.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, an odd choice I think considering how old it is. Still it's not a bad one, I've already seen it so I won't bother with seeing it on SyFy. It's pretty good, but nothing special.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:22 am Reply with quote
Heh, ADV sent us the first DVD as a free surprise gift way back during one of their ADV sales. Laughing
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
I'm one of those manga fans that GREATLY prefers the original to the anime (which is a decent anime on is own but a pretty awful adaptation, even by anime standards). That being said..

THIS IS GREAT NEWS. I'll take any attention for Chrono Crusade, since I adore the original so much. More attention for the anime means people possibly checking out the manga as well, and I do really like the casting choices made in both the anime and the manga (which makes me grumpier about the changes they made to the characters, but oh well). Plus, I have a (very misguided hope) that this show will get popular again and spawn more merchandise, possibly someone rescuing the manga license since it's OOP, maybe World Embryo finally being released since the license has been sat on for a while...

And I will continue my crazy fangirl dream that an explosion of popularity and expressed disappointment at the ending will materialize in Chrono Crusade: Brotherhood. With Greg Ayres and Akira Ishida returning as the title character.

Yes, I realize the odds of this happening are 1000 to 1. A girl can dream.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:37 am Reply with quote
Wow... and 8 year old show... how impressive....
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:56 am Reply with quote
So SyFy is bring new shows to it's channel that great thou I wish they also reair Noen and Taken anime as well since I missed some episodes of those series but it good that SyFy is bring so new series to it channel.
Starks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
Maybe my avatar makes me a little biased, but I don't get the hate for the anime's ending.

My eyes were watering when I saw it in '04 and an anime hasn't done that to me since.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
Glad more people can watch the show.I'll watch this again and hopefully get a few other people around me to watch it as well. Love the characters and the ending. Although its "old," I still think the animation holds up very well. And the usual "what's old for one is new to another" thing. Nothing wrong with that. I'm still checking on all the releases I like that came out many years ago.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote
Just watch the fa.... I mean, DVDs. Why are ya guys waiting week by week? Laughing
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Wow... and 8 year old show... how impressive....

To be fair, any anime making it onto U.S. TV these days is a pretty big accomplishment. . . .
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
Damn, I'd be much happier about this if I didn't own the DVD's haha. I'll probably watch it anyway Cool
B.K.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Meh. I haven't watched anime on Scifi since I realized they were cutting about three or four minutes from every episode so they could get in more commercials.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4