• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Code Geass, Tales of the Abyss, Witch Hunter Robin, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Give me a Code Geass Blu-Ray release, godamit.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Heh, now I regret watching Tales of the Abyss subtitled lol xD.

I do hope FUNi's English Dub will be released during or before Summer 2014.
ShinnFlowen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
So what other big titles does bandai still have that Funi/Sentai did not pick up? Gundam, Haruhi, Eureka seven?

Does anyone know if aniplex is in the negotiation tables? I would assume if aniplex is involved they would get the big titles so they could release them in their super limited edition sets...... I really doubt Sunrise would give Gundam away to funimation or sentai.
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I hope they put all of the Crest/Banner stuff in one big box.

Yes please. And I hope that they announce Banner of the Stars III at their panel, but I won't hold my breath.

+1 this.....
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
dklshsajh finally Code Geass has been rescued. i wonder if they'll release it on Blu-ray
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Funi needs to license rescue Kikaider, Geneshaft, and Monster.
redranger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
I'm really hoping Funimation releases those Code Geass blu rays. Been waiting years for those. C'mon Funi.....
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
Funi needs to license rescue Kikaider, Geneshaft, and Monster.

Yes. You're speaking my kinda language, sonny; especially with Geneshaft and Kikaider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's still excellent news that FUNi's saving Tales of the Abyss (watched while being released as fansubs, but never finished), Escaflowne (saw so long ago, I can't remember jack about it. But now I can finally stream it legally), and the Crest/Banner Saga (which I love so dearly, and already have, but will purchase again.)
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 am Reply with quote
So should I try to get the original Code Geass DVDs? Or should I wait for the new ones? I already have a few of the old ones.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
Wait for the new ones. If they can top the extras from the original singles (which were great), it'll be well worth your wait. The quality may be more crisp, as well.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
So is Tales of the Aybss getting a dub. Smile 'Cause that would so make me buy dvds for it again. I actually have the Bandai disks and the whole 2 manga volumes they released.

Now I can only hope for Symphonia's anime. Maybe the game's re-release will push to this becoming true :3
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote
Currently taking bets on whether Funimation will screw over Yuri Lowenthal, Kirk Thornton, and the rest of the original cast of Tales of the Abyss in favor of their own in-house talent.

Setting that aside, good for Funimation that they finally rescued Code Geass. Liked the show, but never got around to getting it on DVD. Maybe a Blu-ray release will be in the cards...
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:12 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Currently taking bets on whether Funimation will screw over Yuri Lowenthal, Kirk Thornton, and the rest of the original cast of Tales of the Abyss in favor of their own in-house talent.

It wouldn't bother me. Despite how disconcerting it may be to hear different voices, I usually watch dubs so I don't have to read subs all the time and so I can multi-task and not look at the tv all the time.

That and they can't "screw over" the voice actors who were paid of the work on the game and only the game; the anime, as far as bandai was concerned with their release, was never going to be dubbed at all for that notion. IT's not like with the Gurren Lagann thing where one group started the dub but had it ripped from them; TotAybss anime wasn't planned to be dubbed for localization so no one lost that job.

Besides.. the game is still 10x better.. You only get part of the experience by simply watching the anime. So much is simply not as good without some of the skits that occur through-out the game. I prefer the game more than the anime mainly because of 2 skits that occur [so unforgettable that their lack of existance in the anime saddens me]; but all the other back-story and expansion to the story is a great bonus for the game-players.
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:47 am Reply with quote
Hope this means we'll get a Geass BD release.
Lynxikat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quote
If Funimation does decide to dub ToA, I reeeeeally hope they get most of the original video game cast back... Although that being said, that's likely not going to happen since the cast are all LA people :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5