• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2013-10-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Am I the only one surprised that Paola JUST graduated high school? I kinda thought she was always already in college. Shocked

(I'm also kinda surprised that "going to college" means "can't hang out at cons anymore", I always thought that point was "gotta go get a job now")

I also thought she was in college too O.o

I will really miss the strips too T.T
GVman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Am I the only one surprised that Paola JUST graduated high school? I kinda thought she was always already in college. Shocked

Yeah; I always thought she was in her mid 20s. Maybe she's just been living at home working?

Dessa wrote:

And most people, if they're serious about college, can't simply skip out on a few days of classes to go to cons, especially if they're not local and require travel time. Let alone the risk of getting con crud and missing more class.

Depending on the area Paola ends up in, she might be able to manage one or two local cons, but I'd say anything out-of-state isn't going to be feasible, unless it's during breaks.

For this reason, I've only been to two cons in my life and they were this year. I've never understood how people were able to travel all across the nation to go to different cons.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
How can you plan for next year's cons so far in advance, and categorize them by appealing content that they each offer, when a great many cons (any?) don't have their full guest lists and content offerings (eg:show premieres) listed that far in advance?

A year out from most cons you're lucky if the date is set in stone. I think the only thing that you can count on is the name of the con and that's not enough to evaluate 'em in advance.
zrdb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Really funny shit-always good for a chuckle or two-I'll miss it.
Tris8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime cry

Good luck Robin! I will certainly miss Nina and the gang but look forward to the last few comics.

HyugaHinata wrote:
I hope Ultimate Mop Daisuke makes a final cameo appearance before the very end.
This, definitely this Anime hyper
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
And most people, if they're serious about college, can't simply skip out on a few days of classes to go to cons, especially if they're not local and require travel time. Let alone the risk of getting con crud and missing more class.

I went to a school were all the classes were 4 hours long but once a week. When summer came (it was year round also) I'd schedule my classes around going to Otakon. I would make sure to have no classes on Thursday and Friday, and an afternoon or night class on Monday.

I mean not every school has that flexibility but is possible. The first year I went I did have a Monday morning class which I regretted because I had to be on the train by about 6:30 a.m. to get there.

Though, I am also in the camp that I thought they were all in college this entire time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tsunami3k

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Cheers Robin. Thank you for putting your heart and soul into creating a comic that so many of us have enjoyed. We'll miss Tina and the gang but a creative soul must inevitably wander. Good luck in whatever you choose to focus your talents into.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the laughs, as well as the winces of knowing recognition.

Wonder what kind of ending we'll get? A conclusive 70s/80s kind of ending, or a wishy-washy 90s/00s ending?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:21 am Reply with quote
How about A swirling mass of dark and light colours whirlpooling into black where it then fades up to a beach scene where we see Keven sitting on top of an injured and bleeding Paola, whilst trying to strangle the life out of her, with the giant head of Nina looking like an island staring up blankly into space in the distance? Just a suggestion. ¬_¬
El-ahrairah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Awwww...

Bummer, I've been reading this strip since the very beginning, I can't believe how long it's been.

Well... at least I still have you, xkcd.

Goodbye(soon) and and good luck!
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, it's sad to hear the strip is going to end. Sad I enjoyed it all the way through, and it was one of the regular site attractions that kept me coming every week. I also second a print publication version if possible, I would definitely buy a copy (lulu is a pretty straight-forward way to go about self-publishing, if the normal print route looks daunting). I look forward to the next several strips, and best of wishes to Robin on the roads ahead.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow, is Nina ending already??

Can't say I've read her for a long time, only a year or so. But it was a fun little comic.

How long did it last?

Btw, is it me or they are seriously re-thinking all the long-time running ANN sections? We almost lost Hey AnswerMan a while back, and now Nina is over.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
The only thing that remains constant is that everything changes.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
What Nina is over? You're kidding right?
And what anime series is "Free". Oh that's a funny title.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
How about A swirling mass of dark and light colours whirlpooling into black where it then fades up to a beach scene where we see Keven sitting on top of an injured and bleeding Paola, whilst trying to strangle the life out of her, with the giant head of Nina looking like an island staring up blankly into space in the distance? Just a suggestion. ¬_¬

I aready pre-finished all these strips beforehand, but this is my favorite suggestion...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3