• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Madoka Magica Film to Open in U.S., Canada on December 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
Sweet, a showing in Buffalo! Road trip this December! Although, the Screening Room Cinema Café has the third showing on Monday the 9th, not the 8th. I sure would love to see it all three times...
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
YES! IT'S BACK IN CLEVELAND! Laughing
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Er mer gerd they are playing it in winnipeg
FlamingFirewire wrote:
What is this cruelty? They listed the Canadian Theatres and its actually in my city for once, but they don't mention any Canadian showtimes, just the theatres.
You will have to look it up on the theater website also they usually only have showtimes up in certain time frame.

I went to the Cineplex website for my theatre, but it doesn't seem they've listed it yet Sad
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:59 am Reply with quote
Alright! It's showing in Boston again. And I'll be off from work during those days, so I should be good to go once they start taking advanced ticket sales. Definitely looking forward to this!
MentalMachine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I don't suppose anyone actually thought to ask at their panel if they were planning to dub this one, did they? Confused

Aniplex US are dumb in the sense TV series generally get dubbed, but not movies(except one). It's not THAT hard to release a dubbed version of this. American animated films, which are far harder to dub(for obvious reasons) are released in nigh tandem of the domestic release in other countries in their respective language. The Japanese version of Monster University for example came out not long after the world premiere.
LovelyAngelPDX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:07 am Reply with quote
Woo Hoo! Trifecta! I will absolutely be at the Portland, Oregon showing!!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
Aaand of course it's not playing in Minnesota.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, I'm really surprised Nova Scotia isn't listed... we seem to get every other anime movie, so it seems strange. Hoping it's just an error.
hpulley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote
FlamingFirewire wrote:
grooven wrote:
Er mer gerd they are playing it in winnipeg
FlamingFirewire wrote:
What is this cruelty? They listed the Canadian Theatres and its actually in my city for once, but they don't mention any Canadian showtimes, just the theatres.
You will have to look it up on the theater website also they usually only have showtimes up in certain time frame.

I went to the Cineplex website for my theatre, but it doesn't seem they've listed it yet Sad
Yeah, no Madoka 3 listed yet, just old Madoka 1 and 2 listings (and not showing now, would be great to show all 3 back to back, I'd definitely do that!!!).

People need to give a shout out when the tickets show up! I'm going to be refreshing the website hourly until they do!!!
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
So is this going to be a US only thing? Can we even hope for a worldwide release like the last two films?

(Will be in Japan in December anyways, but it would be nice if they didn't leave all of us out of this US-Japan binary.)
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

Give it time. A lot more playings were announced for the previous movies after the original list came out.

I hope you are right except last time it played in "Philly" it wasn't in Philly either but in a theater outside the city. Without a car it was difficult for me to get there, especially in the evening. To get there it would take me almost the same amount of time as it takes to get to NY, which kind of defeats the purpose of it playing in Philadelphia.

This is why I said anime film distribution sucks (and Aniplex is not the only culprit). If you have a film you should play it in the city proper not in a small theater that is difficult to get to. That is why I am always happy when G-Kids gets an anime film, because they actually get this. Their films always play at the Ritz which is a great theater in Phila's center city. And no matter where you are in Phila, it is easy to get into the city.

Granted I am not sure where the other theaters are that Aniplex picked. Maybe this is a Phila only problem and I am just unlucky.
MentalMachine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
So is this going to be a US only thing? Can we even hope for a worldwide release like the last two films?

(Will be in Japan in December anyways, but it would be nice if they didn't leave all of us out of this US-Japan binary.)

We're not significant enough, so why would Aniplex care about Singapore? We got Gundam 00 before the Americans, if that's any consultation.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[new characters] make me wonder if manga knowledge is necessary to enjoy this movie.

I saw the TV series, but didn't watch the first two movies. I read the manga retelling but not the spinoffs.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
The spoiler[new characters] make me wonder if manga knowledge is necessary to enjoy this movie.

I can't imagine it will. The only new character I've heard anything said about is a completely new character, not someone from one of the manga spin-offs.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Glad I don't have to make another roadtrip to Houston this time around, especially since I can't take the day off that time of year. And not even the remotest possibility of a massive traffic jam like I faced on the way there, either! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5