• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Killer Instinct

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:
now about yosuga no sora, the thing I find most worth mentioning of it is that it cover multiple routes and uses save points for that. like, you watch up to episode 7 (I don't rememebr the real numbers) then it will reset back to episode 5 and branch to a different route,etc... which might make it worth watching.

Going by what they said on Facebook, they organized the episodes by routes, like how it was released in Japan.

though considering that they even licensed it is a miracle in itself since it seems that companies are now avoiding all series that have these type of storylines. too bad it didn't get a dub though.

Bamboo Dong wrote:
Has anyone else seen Yosuga no Sora? What did you think?
well its definitely a good series and its watchable to say the least since its from an ero game , they committee could have easily had made it unwatchable by making it completely ero. however when it comes to series that have "brother/sister incest" i would recommend watching Koi Kaze if you manage to get the Pioneer/Geneon releases and read the manga version of Angel Sancutary. its those two series , though mainly series like angel sancutary and cress celestial legend that got me interested in this genre back in the 90's.

also i think you forgot a little more info for the Final Act. its also showing on CN's Adult Swim block as well other than streaming on hulu and neon alley.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
well its definitely a good series and its watchable to say the least since its from an ero game , they committee could have easily had made it unwatchable by making it completely ero. however when it comes to series that have "brother/sister incest" i would recommend watching Koi Kaze if you manage to get the Pioneer/Geneon releases and read the manga version of Angel Sancutary. its those two series , though mainly series like angel sancutary and cress celestial legend that got me interested in this genre back in the 90's.

I really love Koi Kaze, but the downside is that I measure every incest show with KK as a standard. I think it's one of the few shows that actually treated the subject matter with enough thoughtfulness that it didn't just play out like an incest show.

Quote:
also i think you forgot a little more info for the Final Act. its also showing on CN's Adult Swim block as well other than streaming on hulu and neon alley.

Thanks! I'll add the info.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Discotek/Eastern Star/whoever just recycled the Viz Ceres subtitles as-is, or if they improved on them? A version that actually has translated songs would be nice...
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:58 am Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

I really love Koi Kaze, but the downside is that I measure every incest show with KK as a standard. I think it's one of the few shows that actually treated the subject matter with enough thoughtfulness that it didn't just play out like an incest show.

Quote:

Thanks! I'll add the info.

well its the reason why people liked koi kaze back then. unfortunately that is in the past now cause for some reason or another new gens of otaku dont even care about that type of genre like it was back in the 90's and cause of dumbass laws passed by the japaneese govt, there haven't been any series of this series in years. hell even ero OVAs are also shying away from it and staying safe with step sibling romances (except for Aki Sora).

sure there was the psuedo thing with the two cousins on SAO, but i would bet ya a million to one that if it was released in the year when koi kaze or cress celestial legend was around, the author would have made them actual siblings instead of cousins, or in other cases step siblings like in oreimo and others.

while koi kaze is a good staple for this genre, i'm afraid that this genre is as good as dead and dont be surprised that Yosuga no Sora will be the last series that will ever have this type of storyline romance. which is ashame cause it would have had a good dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3