• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 of Anime's Friendliest Ghosts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

As for the Love Live poll...no answer.

It's kind of hard to choose one since I rather ship 2 of them than claiming one. Surprised

Me 2 nozoeli 4 lyfe Anime hyper

here-and-faraway wrote:
I was happy to see Le Chevalier D'eon get a bit of love in last week's poll. It's not a perfect show, but I enjoyed it and really appreciate its originality.

Well I certainly voted for it. Smile It's one of my favorite animes ever I don't know why it didn't get more popular then again maybe it was just more to my tastes, idk.
Korogoro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:

Yeah Nico is pretty much an imp, that's kinda what makes her so appealing. She's not waifu enough for me, though. In fact, none of them really are, but I went with Umi just because Razz

Umi is pretty cute but Maki Nishikino is also cute (too bad she's a tsundere), everyone is cute in this anime, too bad I'm not an idol fan. Now if we are just talking about looks, this would be pretty unfair, personalities and abilities are also important for every character.... Nico can cook so Nico wins Smile
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this list. You had the ghost pokemon Gengar,who in his appearances was playful,mischievous,and friendly. The others on this list were fun too. This was a great list. I liked it a lot.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thought of Casper when I saw the article's subtitle?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Am I the only one who thought of Casper when I saw the article's subtitle?

No, literally "that's the joke".
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote
No,FireballDragon. You're not the only one. It would have been very appropriate if someone mentioned Casper the Friendly Ghost. And thanks,for reminding me and everyone else.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
Sad to see my boy Gungrave ranked so low on the poll. Too underrated.

I agree!!! Aside from one cheesey name ("Beyond-the-Grave"), the show hits an impressive number of high notes and is very moving.

That show ended up being far better than I would have guessed going into it. I'd probably rank it as my top anime based on a video game.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
MENMA!!!!! So glad she's number 1. I adore AnoHana and still can't watch the ending without crying.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
No,FireballDragon. You're not the only one. It would have been very appropriate if someone mentioned Casper the Friendly Ghost. And thanks,for reminding me and everyone else.

Okay, jeez. I guess I was underrating you guys. Sorry for sounding condescending.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote
Korogoro wrote:
Last week's poll asked for zombies-based anime, then why are there titans, ghouls, shinigami and whatever one piece is about?

While One Piece is a 700+ episode show about pirates, Luffy's crew spent most of 2008 on the zombie island "Thriller Bark". 45 episodes is significantly longer than the entirety of a lot of series.

This should be enough to convince you that One Piece is the greatest zombie anime of all time.
Rubyleaf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Uh, I believe you forgot some people on that list

Sai is such an obvious choice! He's so adorable! He's absolutely obsessed with Go, but as Hikaru starts getting into it himself, he's both jealous and highly supportive.

Mr. Lion has been our main heroine Asumi's best friend and mentor for like, a decade. He sees her dream of space, and while her father is very supportive, she really does need Mr. Lion's help to teach her how to accomplish her dreams.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed Sai on that list. He totally would've deserved to be on there, he's such a sweetheart *.*
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Rubyleaf wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Uh, I believe you forgot some people on that list

Sai is such an obvious choice! He's so adorable! He's absolutely obsessed with Go, but as Hikaru starts getting into it himself, he's both jealous and highly supportive.

Mr. Lion has been our main heroine Asumi's best friend and mentor for like, a decade. He sees her dream of space, and while her father is very supportive, she really does need Mr. Lion's help to teach her how to accomplish her dreams.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed Sai on that list. He totally would've deserved to be on there, he's such a sweetheart *.*

You know, speaking of Sai, I watched the English dub of HikaGo, and personally I think Eric Stuart or Darren Dunstan would have been a better choice for Sai than Brad Swaile. Then again the dub was pretty meh.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
What about a list or poll about badass left-handed people. We have Zoro, (One Piece), Shanks (OP), Rayleigh (OP), A (Naruto), probably Broly (DBZ), Nanoha (Nanoha), Ginga (Nanoha), Stern (Nanoha), Meliodas (Nanatsu no Taizai), Ishida (Bleach), Z-One (YGO 5D's), Bruno (YGO 5D's), Aporia (YGO 5D's) Paradox (YGO BBT), Kallen (Code Geass) and a lot more.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
^ Don't forget Mio Akiyama from K-On!

Mio being left-handed is a recurring plot point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Man that's a tough list. i can't think of anything. Of course when the above commenter posted Mr. Lion,, I was wondering why he didn't make the list. He's perfect. I forgot about him. That was a fun show if you can get past the hurtful parts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4