• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: God Eater Games' 2016 Western Release Will Not Have Japanese Audio

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bandai Namco Entertainment's upcoming North American and European release for God Eater: Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst will only contain the English dub, and will not contain the original Japanese audio.

So freaking what? God Eater Burst was perfectly fine and well done in English. I have no doubt this will do just as well.

#849435 wrote:
Jpanses Voice Is Better Than Eng Ayone aGREE With me? Crying or Very sad

Dear god, your grammar is just hideous. Did you even proofread what you just posted? And hahaha, no, they aren't better than English. No one agrees with you.
Lion Magnus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Quote:
Bandai Namco Entertainment's upcoming North American and European release for God Eater: Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst will only contain the English dub, and will not contain the original Japanese audio.

So freaking what? God Eater Burst was perfectly fine and well done in English. I have no doubt this will do just as well.

#849435 wrote:
Jpanses Voice Is Better Than Eng Ayone aGREE With me? Crying or Very sad

Dear god, your grammar is just hideous. Did you even proofread what you just posted? And hahaha, no, they aren't better than English. No one agrees with you.

No my dear... no... Hahahaha... They are.
I agree with him/her, well... better than no one.

You see? It's about tastes, so as fas as I want it, my opinion can't be absolute, of course, your opinion either.
So don't be a d*ck, please?

This made me sad (about the news).
At least I will have a more money for other games.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Lion Magnus wrote:
No my dear... no... Hahahaha... They are.
I agree with him/her, well... better than no one.

You see? It's about tastes, so as fas as I want it, my opinion can't be absolute, of course, your opinion either.
So don't be a d*ck, please?

Man you're lazy. Can't you quote the part of the text you're replying to instead of mass quoting my whole post?

By the way, don't call me "my dear". I'm not your dear or anything, so kindly knock off the mock speak. It's quite childish and immature on your part. Secondly, monkeying my text doesn't show you put a lot of thought into your reply and saying "don't be a dick please?" means you're simply resorting to hapless insults when I wasn't even calling the other person a dick.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I think they are trying to go mainstream. Anime fans who like sub are just not their target audience.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:

This was the same issue that made me pretty much skip out on Person 4: Dancing All Night.

Curious did you skip out on Persona 3 and 4 for the same reason?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
I think they are trying to go mainstream. Anime fans who like sub are just not their target audience.

Makes sense to me. After all, the game is being released in North America, where we primarily speak and hear English. And just so we can avoid another subs vs. dubs flame debate, it is likely an issue of licensing the Japanese audio out, which seems to be happening somewhat more frequently with games lately.

I guess Japan is getting very defensive about their own consumers importing the overseas versions of some games that include both languages. This way they can force their own population to buy the more expensive original game in the language they understand, rather than one they can't or don't try to understand, but still have the Japanese voices to guide them anyway, so they can avoid losing sales.

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Xshinobi wrote:
I have no problem with English dubs but most Japanese devs seem kean on using Anime dub actors for their releases and they are just god awful.

Like, absolutely all of them without exception?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Alright, that's enough Just-another-face and Lion Magnus. Just move on and don't respond to each other again please. Secondly, Just-another-face how about you stop your own pompous & antagonistic attitude. Lecturing someone about their grammar, telling them to proof read their post, and then saying nobody agrees with them is quite rude and immature on your own part, If you have a problem with someone's post then report it, don't take upon yourself to be rude and condescending to them.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Alright, that's enough Just-another-face and Lion Magnus. Just move on and don't respond to each other again please.

We haven't said anything to each other since yesterday and it didn't turn into a pages-long flame war, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. It ended before anything started. I wasn't intending on responding further to him should he have posted anything else.

Quote:
If you have a problem with someone's post then report it, don't take upon yourself to be rude and condescending to them.

I report problematic posts all the time, but nothing is ever done about them and the comments are allowed to slide even though they're all deliberately troll-baiting others into responding or they contain lots of anti-American phrases along the lines of "North America sucks!", "English sucks!" and "Japan is superior!". I'm sure you're going to ban me for speaking my mind like this too.

EDIT: I wish it were possible to complain about the way things are handled here. It's always the "just shut up and deal with it" responses.

Last edited by Just-another-face on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:

We haven't said anything to each other since yesterday and it didn't turn into a pages-long flame war, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. It ended before anything started. I wasn't intending on responding further to him should he have posted anything else.

For starters my warning was made the same day you 2 were having your little tiff. Secondly, it doesn't matter if it spanned 1 page or 10 pages. Third, the problem (as I already said) was you 2 were being rude and condescending and your posts were reported. You were being rude not only to him but to #849435 as well. Lastly, it's real easy to say after the fact once someone has stepped in "I wasn't going to respond again."

Just-another-face wrote:

Quote:
If you have a problem with someone's post then report it, don't take upon yourself to be rude and condescending to them.

I report problematic posts all the time, but nothing is ever done about them and the comments are allowed to slide even though they're all deliberately troll-baiting others into responding or they contain lots of anti-American phrases along the lines of "North America sucks!", "English sucks!" and "Japan is superior!". I'm sure you're going to ban me for speaking my mind like this too.

Report posts all the time you say? We do nothing you say? Interesting. I say that because I can count on 1 hand how many reports I have ever seen from you myself. I can also count on one hand how many reports from you I have ever seen discussion about from other mods. In fact after checking the "reports" area back to the beginning of October just for grins and chuckles, that's 3 months worth, there are exactly 0 reports from you. So perhaps you might want to tone back the exaggeration a bit. It's funny also that you say we're probably just going to ban you (which btw only admin can do) for speaking your mind but yet claim to report others for simply speaking their minds because you don't like their opinions.

You're more than welcome to voice your opinions, but as rule #1 clearly states you will be civil while doing so. You weren't being civil, neither was Lion, so I told you 2 to stop and move along. Simple as that. Now as far as I'm concerned the discussion is over so time to move on to the next topic.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:08 am Reply with quote
Xshinobi wrote:
When they just saved me some cash. I have no problem with English dubs but most Japanese devs seem kean on using Anime dub actors for their releases and they are just god awful. I'm done buying Japanese releases that don't have an option for the original VO.

>Has no problem with English dubs
>Says the industry voice actors are god awful

You do have a problem with English dubs. What you said doesn't make sense. You can't claim to not have a problem with something and then bitch about an aspect that cannot be separated from your "non-problem". That's like saying, "I don't hate the Holy Roman Empire, but I sure hate Catholicism!" You cannot do that!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3