• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - What Does The Deal Between Crunchyroll And Kadokawa Mean?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Kadokawa has got nothing to do with Fairy Tail (the Funimation site has the Kodansha logo, the publisher on Crunchyroll is TV Tokyo)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Violynne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To my knowledge, it's the first time a non-Japanese anime company has been brought into the production process of an entire slate of productions as an ongoing partnership.

Didn't FUNimation strike a similar deal a couple of years ago? I can't remember the details, but I believe it allowed FUNimation to produce anime in order to help distribute home video and streaming to the US and Canada.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard anything since.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
If Amazon Prime is allowed to do this with Noitomina titles and Netflix has global streaming rights outside of Japan to certain shows, then Crunchyroll should be allowed to have it's own exclusivity. As long as business is being done by the book and it allows for some shows to get a home video release here, I don't really see any problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3