• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Reveals Sonic Mania, New 3D Sonic Game For 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm Reply with quote
stowrag wrote:
Mania looks fun, and hopefully it'll set a trend. Also wouldn't mind an eventual NX release. I was on the fence about Generations 2 (if that's what it is) until I realized what a complete waste of potential the first generations was.

Bad news it's not Generations 2 according to word on the street.

stowrag wrote:
plus 3 uninspired hedgehog clone boss fights.

Those weren't really boss fights though for what it's worth them making the Metal Sonic Event similar to the Shadow & Silver events was actually a good idea considering how tedious and unfair the boss fight that event was inspired by was in Sonic CD.

Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
I'll always remember the interview for Sonic 4 that Takashi Iizuka gave and his comments about that game's use of Modern Sonic, despite being a direct sequel to S3&K. He just just shut the door on that conversation completely; the characters were redesigned in 1998 and that's what they look like now. But now it seems we're grasping on to the past as hard as we can. Oh well.

If DC can do it there's nothing stopping Sega from doing it.....plus Sonic 4 is one of those games the fanbase likes to pretend didn't exist so what did Iizuka know at the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3