• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo CEO: Switch Expected to Move 2 Million Units in 1st Month

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
0nsen wrote:

Of course, but you can hardly argue that the color in the GBC was a novel feature if the GameGear already did it eight years earlier.

One thing I will give credit to at least with the Game Gear was that it was backlit meaning no sitting in the kitchen under a light and straining my neck to play it.

0nsen wrote:
It's just that all that doesn't matter on mobile, which is why Smartphones take over the market. GameBoy didn't win, because it was the best. GameBoy won because it was the worst. Just like smartphones.

Not to bust you chops or anything but if we use this logic why did the Gamegear, NGage, & Game.com fail despite being the worst handhelds competing with Nintendo?
0nsen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote
Because they didn't have worse hardware. Worst hardware wins in mobile, because it's cheapest. Smartphones don't even have initial cost, because you most likely already own one (personally, I don't, though). And did you just casually mention one of Tiger Electronics failures among those handhelds?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Well when you think of worse, you think of something like a device that sells substantially worse than other devices it's competing against to the point they wind up being abandoned and mostly forgotten. Which is what those three handhelds were.

0nsen wrote:
Worst hardware wins in mobile, because it's cheapest.

But none of those devices I mentioned by definition are mobile devices.

0nsen wrote:
And did you just casually mention one of Tiger Electronics failures among those handhelds?

Yes why?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3