• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay - Gurren Lagann's Yoko Ritona

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienblood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

Ahh, so you pretty much did the same thing my friend did when she cosplayed Sophitia from Soul Calibur. She kept "falling out" during our skit rehearsal so we had to use double sided tape to make her boobs stay put. Hopefully the fanboys didn't bother you when they just happened to see that your top rolled up. Rofl. But I guess you had your best friend to protect you. Very Happy

I absolutely love seeing some good cosplay. I miss the times when I was able to do it more then once a year. It was both good and fun times. Anime smile

GAHH! I love Soul Calibur. Did you cosplay a character from the game too?

And did the double sided tape work for her? I'd like to know whether or not to bother trying, lmao. Actually, funny story. I was at Anime Boston in April in the dealer's room and i had a pretty big group of people around me taking pictures. I lifted up my gun to put it over my shoulders as a pose, and my tape was totally popping out like really bad, lol. No one bothered to tell me at the time, they all just kept taking their pictures. Anime hyper

I agree, it's a lot of fun. Why only once a year? Busy schedule?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
alienblood wrote:
GAHH! I love Soul Calibur. Did you cosplay a character from the game too?

And did the double sided tape work for her? I'd like to know whether or not to bother trying, lmao. Actually, funny story. I was at Anime Boston in April in the dealer's room and i had a pretty big group of people around me taking pictures. I lifted up my gun to put it over my shoulders as a pose, and my tape was totally popping out like really bad, lol. No one bothered to tell me at the time, they all just kept taking their pictures. Anime hyper

I agree, it's a lot of fun. Why only once a year? Busy schedule?

At that time, which was 2005....I was Mitsurugi. Yes...you heard me right....Mitsurugi. I somehow managed to get away with looking like a boy (yet I am so embarrassed with that cosplay, I only did it as a stand in for someone who couldn't come to the con). My sister used one of those metal wire scrubbies, that you use for washing pots and pans, to brush on fake stubble onto my face. And she also drew "bushy" eyebrows on me to make me look more "manly" Anime hyper. I then did Lynette in 2006 which was fun, but my first set of tambourine weapons were so frigging heavy that we had to remake them.

If memory serves me right, the double sided tape did work as I don't recall her "falling out" during our actual skit. One of my friends also had some on for her Sueng Mina cosplay.

ROFL!!! Well, of course they aren't going to say no to "free fanservice"! Bunch of pervs. Anime hyper

It is because alot of my friends no longer like Anime and so I don't have anyone to go with/split a room with. Also, I lack a passport so until I get one I haven't been able to go to any US cons since 2008. And also because it was hard to get time off for some of them. I really wanted to go to AX this year, but alas. The times I went were truly the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
@ alienblood & Rukiia:

You're explanation just proved to me how much so animators in Japanese animation... don't give a s*** about applying the laws of physics when it comes to boobs. Laughing I mean they reeaally don't care what kind of potential problems cosplayers like the both of you might have if they decided to dress up as such characters!
alienblood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
@ alienblood & Rukiia:

You're explanation just proved to me how much so animators in Japanese animation... don't give a s*** about applying the laws of physics when it comes to boobs. Laughing I mean they reeaally don't care what kind of potential problems cosplayers like the both of you might have if they decided to dress up as such characters!

I'm pretty sure they probably do it on purpose! lol -__-
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
@ alienblood & Rukiia:

You just realized this now? Anime hyper Hell, ask any woman and they'll tell you that Anime girl's skimpy outfits, especially Yoko's, will never stay glued to their body. Especially when it comes to unsupported boobs! I can count the number of times Yoko's puppies would have fallen out during her action scenes. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
@ alienblood & Rukiia:

Now there are Real Physics, there are Anime Physics, and then there's the Physics of Anime Boobs. It's in it's own separate category.

And just saying this again, you're probably the best Yoko I've ever seen. You just seem to fit the character perfectly. And from what I see of your rifle it's pretty well made as well.
alienblood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
@ Rukiia:

MITSURUGI! LMAO! OH GOD! I was going to say Cassandra, just because they're sisters or whatever. That took me off guard. Well I'm sure you rocked it. xD

I'll have to try it next time, if I get around to going to the store first, lmao.

True, boys. /rolls eyes

Ahh, yeah that would make it difficult. A hotel for 3 nights by yourself is rather expensive. ;/ Well, I hope you get to one soon.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote
alienblood wrote:
@ Rukiia:

MITSURUGI! LMAO! OH GOD! I was going to say Cassandra, just because they're sisters or whatever. That took me off guard. Well I'm sure you rocked it. xD

I'll have to try it next time, if I get around to going to the store first, lmao.
Hahaha, yes I know. Girls cosplaying characters such as Mitsurugi is very uncommon. I have a video of our skit on Youtube that I can PM you if you want to see how the tape held for our Sophitia, and me being Mitsurugi. Anime smile + sweatdrop

alienblood wrote:
True, boys. /rolls eyes
Pffft. Boys will be boys. Anime hyper

alienblood wrote:
Ahh, yeah that would make it difficult. A hotel for 3 nights by yourself is rather expensive. ;/ Well, I hope you get to one soon.
It is, and the currency difference doesn't help in the slightest. At least during the time when the US dollar was alot higher then the Canadian dollar. Man did that ever hurt the wallet. D:

Oh, I am going to aim for AX next year. I need a damn passport anyway so I'll play it by ear. Very Happy
alienblood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:

Now there are Real Physics, there are Anime Physics, and then there's the Physics of Anime Boobs. It's in it's own separate category.

And just saying this again, you're probably the best Yoko I've ever seen. You just seem to fit the character perfectly. And from what I see of your rifle it's pretty well made as well.

Thank you. :3 She's pretty much my favorite character from Gurren Lagann. I related to her a lot in the anime, and I found her attractive, lol. xD So it just made sense for me to cosplay her, hehe. But I actually found out about the anime through my boyfriend. He obv had watched it and had a picture of her as his background on his computer or something and I was like... "O_O WHO'S SHE?!" So we watched it together.

I love my rifle<3! I wish i could say I was talented enough to have made it myself, but I had it commissioned for me by this guy Eric from Hole in the Ground Productions. He's amazing at what he does.
alienblood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
@ Rukiia:

YES! Absolutely PM it to me, I want to see, heheh. xD

rukiia wrote:
It is, and the currency difference doesn't help in the slightest. At least during the time when the US dollar was alot higher then the Canadian dollar. Man did that ever hurt the wallet. D:

Oh, I am going to aim for AX next year. I need a damn passport anyway so I'll play it by ear. Very Happy

Yeah, I went to Canada with my friend a little over 2 years ago and it was like I was rich, lol. I take it you're on the west side of Canada if you're going to AX then?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
alienblood wrote:
@ Rukiia:

YES! Absolutely PM it to me, I want to see, heheh. xD

Sure! I'll go hunt for it and send it to you in a bit.

alienblood wrote:
Yeah, I went to Canada with my friend a little over 2 years ago and it was like I was rich, lol. I take it you're on the west side of Canada if you're going to AX then?

I am in BC and it is about less then an hour drive, from where I live, to the US Boarder so I am fairly close to California (takes about a day to drive there or about 2-3 hours to fly over). I went to AX 3 times and each time I went was a blast. Very Happy
alienblood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quote
@ Rukiia:

That's a con I'd love to go to. But I'm on the complete opposite side of the country. q_q Maybe one day.
toysanimepuppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote
Okay I feel silly as crap for doing this (registering to comment) Alienblood you where the best damn yoko I saw at the con ! I kept missing a chance to ask for a pic of you and my friends (a catgirl, school girl,forgot what the other one was and I was a tmnt turtle :-p) hmm anyway just had to say that. Also I read part of the posts that was your 1st? quite brave then and I applaud you for being so brave and accurate. Thank you for doing her justice! :-p
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3