• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disney+ to Launch Tier With Ads on December 8, at Same Price as Current Ad-Free Plan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casenumber00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:18 am Reply with quote
Piracy it is. Tired of paying 30, 40, 50...200% more for things because inflation is 9%.
Mizerous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:08 pm Reply with quote
To think Disney might have Bleach streaming rights too.
the green death

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:51 am Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
With all these price increases I think people will slowly go to a pay for a month and cancel binge model. That’s what i currently do with HIDIVE

It’s what I do with all streaming services except Apple TV+ (comes bundled with music and cloud storage) and Criterion (have a years subscription). Everything else is a month here and a month there. I pay maybe $20/mo on streaming and I love it. There’s more than enough to watch.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Annoying. Tired of paying more for streaming without ads when we shouldn’t be having ads on a streaming service in the first place.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:48 am Reply with quote
Sachin Singh wrote:

I feel like they're only doing this because netflix is doing it because no way it's possible that Disney+ is short on money

Disney actually has this planned way before Netflix did

thekingsdinner wrote:

I also don't see the point of paying for a service with included ads. I'm paying because I want to AVOID ads altogether.

Ya could still pay for the higher price without the ads

Folks, this is basically just a rate increase, but with the added option to pay a lower price in exchange for ads. So the only thing that's different is that they give you an option this time, instead of forcing everybody to pay the higher price or the highway

But in a lighter note, Disney actually turned the Chibi shorts into a full-blown Chibi-verse series

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3