• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime Delays Episodes 9 & Beyond Due to COVID-19

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:28 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
JohnRhogan wrote:
It's Shine Post all over again. It's bad enough Kobi-san new episodes have been delayed until April. I do agree with one of the comments, that Aniplex shouldn't have taken on this project if they can't guarantee a non-stop season.

FOX used to do this shit with 24, back in the day, so they could run American Idol, pissing off viewers like myself. By the time S4 of 24 came around FOX started doing the non-stop seasons, until the writer's strike happened and delayed S7, therefore giving us 24: Redemption.

Happy to see someone mention Shine Post. Yeah it did get a bit of a delay but I'll be damned if it wasn't phenomenal in the end. Actually animated dance sequences instead of cheap CGI. Definitely one of the best Idol shows I've seen.

You do know that something being CG is still "animated", right? And calling it cheap when it tends to be way costier than 2D works is also ignorant.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:20 am Reply with quote
I was wondering why the production values returned suddenly for ep 8 and then I heard about the delay and it all made sense. The show is noticeably well directed even if the budget comes and goes. Cour 2 will have another 2 delays, just you all wait. Isekai Ojisan will be topped.

Golden Kamuy is the most troubled anime in recent years but that´s what happens if a top dog dies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:35 am Reply with quote
Nope. Covid is not the reason and we do not believe them.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:30 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
el_morris wrote:
Ok I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here... Couldn't be that the series run out of time slots for keep on air, just like 86 did?
Nope, if we go for just the timeslot - they at least can run episodes 9 and 10 before Mashle takes its place on the timeslot in April.

So yeah, it's the wombo-combo of Aniplex PC casually ruining the things and the running time.

and don't forget Shueisha as well.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:35 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Eddy2 wrote:
Idk, Kadokawa's situation doesn't seem all that bad in comparison from what I've seen, since their delays don't really last that long. Bofuri only got delayed for 2 weeks, Spy Classroom only got hit for 1 week, and The Eminence in Shadow, Bungo Stray Dogs, and several other isekais by Kadokawa this season never got delayed at all.
And then comes Isekai Ojisan and an even more infamous case - KanColle Itsuka no Umi De, which already shortened the series to 3/4 of the regular season with only 8 episodes, but multiple delays sprayed them over the course of damn 5 months, while the final episode still not released yet.

So nah - they're both equal, even with Aniplex really trying to win the competition this time.

also Date Alive's third season being a rushed mess of production that had half of its episodes outsourced to ENGI.
levyanime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
God Eater: The Anime Vol. 2

Late on this, but you basically said what I was thinking, lol.

At least with God Eater, it was mainly because ufotable had just finished their adaptation of Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works beforehand and wasn't used to doing anime series that was longer than one-cour without a single cour break. (And, of course, COVID wasn't a thing at that point). So, at the very least, it was unfortunate, but understandable--they had just overextended themselves by that point and didn't want to sacrifice quality to meet a deadline.

This just seems more like typical incompetence on Aniplex's behalf, especially with the whole "blaming it on COVID" thing. At this point, it definitely looks like another God Eater type situation where we're not gonna see the rest of the episodes until the end of the Spring season, at the earliest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3