• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Historical Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Just a bit of a reminder:

Teh Rules wrote:
2) This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All conversation must be in English. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.

Also, let's try to keep the ASCII art to a minimum or out of the boards altogether. Unless it really has something to do with the discussion where posting it would be necessary, there's really no reason for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eternal-song

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
historical manga is a lot of fun. i've read a few of them, but my favorites are definately Kurogane and Red River, with Inuyasha close behind. there's just something about different time periods that makes it more interesting

on the other hand, they're pretty easy to mess up. for instance, i tried reading one called Sengoku Nights. the premise was interesting, but it was so... disorganized.
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I read the licensed version so I didn't get the catchphrase.

It's a pleasure. Sorry about it if that was rather difficult to understand. I thought that probably you had read the manga in the original.
As you may know, the ASCII art and her words are also related to the context.

dormcat wrote:
The "first arc" ended this January; that was a fact and a very bad sign. Few titles can resume serializing after this sort of announcement.

Hidaka Cindy wrote:
オレたちの戦いはまだまだ続くっていうの描きたい!

escahime65

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying Threads of Time (manwha) right now set in 12th century Korea, dealing with the attempted Mongol conquest of the peninsula in the generation after Ghengis Khan. The art is fantastic and there are historical notes at the end of each book to give you more information about that time. Recommended.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3