• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shuffle! DVD 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Air is anything but rubbish
I beg to differ even though air isn't the worst thing to come out of the world of dating sims I wouldn't use it as an example to look down on shuffle. The thing that annoyed me is that it became completely predictable I mean when you ignore half of the girls for the whole series is obvious that they won't win. As a matter of fact if the show payed some more attention to nerine for a while they might have had some more to work with she did have a spin off game after all and unlike kaede she had all her memories intact. The show does have some redeeming qualities The animation doesn't really get too sloppy,the acting isn't that bad (though sia did annoy me) and rin may not be the most interesting guy ever but he is no takayuki.....and yet kimiga is a much better series but the point is rin isn't half as bad as takayuki. Would you rather watch shuffle or green green?

Sorry but I did find that the "drama" surrounding kaede was laughable.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:

this tells me you haven't watched it because with Shuffle the whole first half of the series is nothing but comedy.

correction; the whole first half was a pathetic and witless attempt at comedy. Seriously, Jack Black could have probably wrote funnier material than that, and that's saying a lot.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:

this tells me you haven't watched it because with Shuffle the whole first half of the series is nothing but comedy.

correction; the whole first half was a pathetic and witless attempt at comedy. Seriously, Jack Black could have probably wrote funnier material than that, and that's saying a lot.

I wouldn't go that far. There would have been more screaming if jack black wrote it like "Gah kaede you don't have to make me dinner! Rin pulls random air guitar out of nowhere and starts playing it "Gah asa me and itsuki wasn't kissing in the hallway!" That's how it would sound if jack black wrote the first episode
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Quote:
Air is anything but rubbish
I beg to differ even though air isn't the worst thing to come out of the world of dating sims I wouldn't use it as an example to look down on shuffle. The thing that annoyed me is that it became completely predictable I mean when you ignore half of the girls for the whole series is obvious that they won't win. As a matter of fact if the show payed some more attention to nerine for a while they might have had some more to work with she did have a spin off game after all and unlike kaede she had all her memories intact. The show does have some redeeming qualities The animation doesn't really get too sloppy,the acting isn't that bad (though sia did annoy me) and rin may not be the most interesting guy ever but he is no takayuki.....and yet kimiga is a much better series but the point is rin isn't half as bad as takayuki. Would you rather watch shuffle or green green?

Sorry but I did find that the "drama" surrounding kaede was laughable.

Between Shuffle and Green Green i would go with Shuffle. Green Green honestly felt kind of dumb most of the time i guess because of the perverted guysdoing the most stupidest things like Superbad gone bad kind of thing and that i could care less about those guys but yet had an ok story with the guy and the girl like how they made that promise that if they were reincarnated that they would be lovers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3