• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo to Stream Linebarrels of Iron on Crunchyroll Today

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That you have to pay for. And I've seen the quality of those downloads, they're absolutely shit in a tiny resolution.

854x480 (dvd quality) is "tiny resolution" now?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That you have to pay for. And I've seen the quality of those downloads, they're absolutely shit in a tiny resolution.

Yes it is when this show is likely to be airing at 720p.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote
edzieba wrote:

samuelp wrote:
[Just because all of the characters are stereotyped adolescent or near adolescent girls.... who for no apparent reason never wear pants.... and whose battle suits often look quite similar to elementary school gym outfits.... uh.........
nevermind.

Didn't actually watch the show, eh?

Watched the first episodes... saved the rest to watched later.
calimike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quote
I bought to download-to-own Linebarrels this evening with 301 MB Very Happy

Quote:
The download video file is a high quality Xvid encode and DRM-free, so you can use it on anything! In order to play the file, you will need a video player that supports the Xvid codec. Crunchyroll recommends the VLC media player!

You hear Dattebayo stop sub Naruto Shippuuden!?e

Last edited by calimike on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:46 am Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Just watched the first episode; enjoyed it quite a bit. Interesting twist at the end. This could be a very cool show. Let's hope it keeps up the pace.

That wasn't much of a twist when you consider what's on his jacket and what happened to him immediately before. It's pretty obvious what's on his jacket. Wink

This title reminded me so much of Reideen that I was expecting to hear "God Arrow".

Fear of frightening the fans away must have prevented Gonzo from letting us have a taste of the OP. Laughing

Interesting first ep. I'm glad that it was still available by the time I got home.
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
That wasn't much of a twist when you consider what's on his jacket and what happened to him immediately before. It's pretty obvious what's on his jacket. Wink

Yeah, that's why I said that the so-called twist at the end didn't really surprised or shocked me. Still, though, there was enough content in that episode to at least give me a look at the next few episodes, but I'm not sold on it just yet.
braves

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote
calimike wrote:
You hear Dattebayo stop sub Naruto Shippuuden!?e

Yeah, I don't really want to get into this, but all I'll say is that if you haven't realized by now how troll-like Dattebayo is and how many times they've said the same thing before, then you don't deserve to watch anything. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Just because the resolutions are similar doesn't mean it's "DVD quality". And yes, their downloads look really poor next to a fansub even with similar resolutions.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:

That wasn't much of a twist when you consider what's on his jacket and what happened to him immediately before. It's pretty obvious what's on his jacket

I actually thought it was because his jacket was torn and he had a red shirt on underneath... Embarassed However, the quality of the stream isn't very good, so that's probably how I mistook that.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Quote:

That wasn't much of a twist when you consider what's on his jacket and what happened to him immediately before. It's pretty obvious what's on his jacket

I actually thought it was because his jacket was torn and he had a red shirt on underneath... Embarassed However, the quality of the stream isn't very good, so that's probably how I mistook that.

I thought he was...and well. I read this here and still had troubling spotting it. The stream is shit quality compared to a fansub, and thats sad when this is suppose to be legal. I know that doesn't apply to all streams however, but this almost makes me wonder- whats so good about this? If its going to look like that it makes me want to go back to how I would have watched it before.

Also...a question spoiler[The article says he wakes up half a year later. with strange powers. Doesn't he have the powers now and is still awake? I didn't see any time passage. ]

Is that Hayase in the preview with the spoiler[red eyes jumping from the plane? any guesses? ]

In the end the show was very promising but the stream was horrible. If I can't even tell a main plot point because of how it's presented I think i might find the next episode elsewhere. But this will be a soundtrack I buy down the line, I love the music when Linebarrels is summoned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
houkoholic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:

Regarding translation, I noticed a couple utterly laughable mistakes in Linebarrels, so I'm sure some fansub groups could still justify their actions.

Mind pointing those out? Just curious and all that.
edzieba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:19 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Also...a question spoiler[The article says he wakes up half a year later. with strange powers. Doesn't he have the powers now and is still awake? I didn't see any time passage. ]

That's probaby in refernace to the manga, where spoiler[Linebarrels impacts and kills him as a child (though he doesn't know this, only that he was in an 'accident'). He grows up with the enhanced strength of a Factor, and uses it to push people around, generally being a complete dick. Until his friend dies, and he straightens up and enters Magnificent Bastard status]. The anime appears to have cut all this backstory in favour of him being generic spineless wimp #973.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote
edzieba wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

That's probaby in refernace to the manga, where spoiler[Linebarrels impacts and kills him as a child (though he doesn't know this, only that he was in an 'accident'). He grows up with the enhanced strength of a Factor, and uses it to push people around, generally being a complete dick. Until his friend dies, and he straightens up and enters Magnificent Bastard status]. The anime appears to have cut all this backstory in favour of him being generic spineless wimp #973.
I was under the impression that the whole "Bullied guy snaps when he suddenly has the means to do sombothis" thing was sticking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3