• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2012 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
underlock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
it's to early to call her dumb I think, also I am sure that they are still going to be introducing atleast 3-4 other girls.

She's something out of Clannad. I bet she's a genius at something, but completely dumb and clumsy on the outside. Oh, I already feel like she needs my protection.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
underlock wrote:
Little Busters was pretty fun, and I had my hopes up until the very last bit of the episode where they introduced a dumb girl who will clearly join the team. Ugh.

it's to early to call her dumb I think, also I am sure that they are still going to be introducing atleast 3-4 other girls.
Since I'm not too sure if it's a spoiler....I'll tag it as such :spoiler[she's absent-minded,intelligent, but absent-minded and cute. If dumb=absent-minded then yeah, she's' dumb]
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
Little Busters was pretty fun, and I had my hopes up until the very last bit of the episode where they introduced a dumb girl who will clearly join the team. Ugh.

Komari really isn't dumb. Airhead would be a better description.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
underlock wrote:

I like how people can dismiss a character who's been on screen for all of 30 seconds and said approximately half a sentence as "dumb".
underlock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
She's an airhead, but we'll call her dumb for short.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
I like how people can dismiss a character who's been on screen for all of 30 seconds and said approximately half a sentence as "dumb".

Oh, thank you. And here I thought you were a pretty hypocritical person. Smile
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Although it seems to be petering out anyway, let's officially drop the "teen sexuality" discussion unless it specifically relates to one of the characters in one of the new series this season. Anything else will be considered off-topic.

Merida wrote:
maaya wrote:

You should enjoy Say "I Love You" as well, then. So many shojos this season ... and all pretty similar

While My Little Monster seems to have a bit of originality at least, this one looks awfully clichéd with the 'most popular boy falls for the girl nobody else likes' plot...that worked for Kimi ni Todoke but i don't see it working here, especially as the characters don't seem half as likeable.

This one may surprise you. I highly recommend it and think it is, by far, the superior of the two shows this season with that theme - and yes, that's despite it being less original. It will be my highest-rated preview of the season to date when Zac gets around to doing his next update.

That no one's been talking about Say, "I Love You" suggests to me that few people are checking out. That's a mistake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Rebecca's opinion on Say I Love You. It's a dime-a-dozen shoujo that will have certain appeal to certain people. For me personally, I'm giving My Little Monster and Kamisama Hajimemashite the three episode test but one episode was enough for me for Say I Love You.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

That no one's been talking about Say, "I Love You" suggests to me that few people are checking out. That's a mistake.

haven't had a chance to watch it until just now. that said, i really like it. i'll keep up with this one
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

The sub group that released it yesterday is one that a lot of people tend to avoid. A better group only just released it about an hour ago.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Key wrote:

haven't had a chance to watch it until just now. that said, i really like it. i'll keep up with this one
I watched it, and while I liked it I can't see why anyone would give it more than a 3/5 based on the first episode. The male lead i DO like better than the one in the other show (Whom is just plain silly), but the male lead in "I love You" also seems like he's the type that goes after girls who look pitiable. Leaves kind of a bad taste for me. I'll keep watching it because I like Shoujo, but I so far neither are anything I'd write home about. spoiler[ I also really hated that he forced a kiss on her in the FIRST EPISODE, and that she seemed to like it. It made me view her as the type of girl that would just be fine with any guy as long as he kept trying (and wasnt a creepy older guy that stalked her).]
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
All three shoujo series this season have forced kisses in their first episode.

Though at least one of them was female on male, so thats something.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

I must've forgotten. I also must've skipped/not seen the third Shoujo so yet...didn't know there was one. I better go look for it now Very Happy
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

which show is that?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

which show is that?

spoiler[Kamisama]
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
shiranehito wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Crapped out of Little Busters about half way through the episode. The humour was just not landing with me nor was I finding any of the characters appealing.

Actually I think it is funnier in the VN, but about the characters.... please, they're not even done introducing the other girl on the rooftop.
My first impression with CLANNAD is that the show was full of weirdos. But later I found it cute, unique and appealing. I think that how Key do their characters.

Strange, perhaps. Certain friendships appear to be more than friendships, especially with Riki and Kyouske. Did the VN have a "gay option" by any chance... Laughing

no just muscles... so many damn muscles.. lawl also this~

Ohoho! Masato! Ah but wait, since him and Riki share the same room... It would be amusing if you could respond to him with cheesy lines like: "Any time, big boy" or something like that. Ah, this anime is clearly going to be amusing, even if it wasn't intended to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 55