• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hiiro no Kakera (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
"Can we even be called Guardians?"

No.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote
Why ... am ... I ... watching ... this ... show ... ?

I'm starting to suspect subliminal coercion here.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm starting to suspect subliminal coercion here.

.. says the guy who is represented by a naked girl hugging a big dead fish.

Which one is that from, anyway? Yumeria or This Ugly Yet Beautiful World? Its been a while since I've seen them but I think it is one of those.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World.

In fairness to HnK, they are doing some semi-interesting stuff with the whole spoiler[betrayal theme (and yes, I know that Glasses Guy isn't really betraying them)], but there's still a whole lot of the same old, same old going on.

And yet I watch.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Did I miss it, or do we know yet spoiler[who the current sacrifice is slated to be? I got the feeling it was the cook girl, but I might've made that up. And what, they murder the sacrifice? Shocked] I don't even know if asking is a spoiler or not. :/
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 am Reply with quote
I don't think the spoiler[sacrifice has been identified yet.] I vote for Granny.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

spoiler[Those guardians really are helpless against Logos.
It's actually pathetic watching them lose every time.
Tamaki ended up under house arrest because of the whole situation.
Things seems to be slowly falling apart around her.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Another pointless fight. The Guardians get beat up once again, this time by one of their own, and allowed to live.

And Logos. They can't figure out the sword is in the temple without consulting with the traitor? You know, the one with all the powerful barriers around it?

This anime has become a race to the bottom for us to vote on which is the most incompetent character.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I think they've already hit bottom on the creepiest personal tagline yet. Yikes!

What's weird is that not only do they get their butts kicked all the time, but apparently if you join up with Logos, you level up.

Is Baba short for Baba Yaga? Cause she sure is a rhymes with witch. I still don't get why she can't give Tamaki a hint or two about how to awaken. What a lame system of succession. The world should've ended generations ago.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quote
Laughing Ah yes, the scent of a woman...

I feel stupid criticizing this show because everything I say suggests that I should be dropping it like a hot potato and yet I'm not. I hate that about myself.

But seriously - how many times (if you include the first season) have we seen Cookie-Eating Glasses Douche show up at the temple...

...to absolutely no effect whatsoever? He never provides any info, his appearances never drive the story forward. Those scenes always play out the exact same way: he makes some smug comment, bites a cookie, the others hate on him and then he ambles away without the slightest indication of what he was there for in the first place. Jesus.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Those scenes always play out the exact same way: he makes some smug comment, bites a cookie, the others hate on him and then he ambles away without the slightest indication of what he was there for in the first place. Jesus.

ha ha. I don't know about you but now I have discovered the reason for watching this through to the end. It is to check the forum after each episode to see how much more bugged you get.

It isn't confined to the carbohydrate addict. The same can be said of the leg humper sniff happy wolf guy, or for that matter the goth loli super villain that is so reticent that her own side is fed up with her sitting around drinking tea. Even the gods that show up now and then can't seem to form an agenda worth watching.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
You're quite right - in fact, this show is really nothing more than the recycling of the same five or six scenes. Oh look, time for lunch on the school roof! Oh look, time to stroll home from school! Oh look, time for a convo between The Chick Who Can't Figure Out How to Become a Princess and Guardian ________ on the temple steps.

It's like Season 1 never happened at all: all the same conflicts are still there (except for the betrayal stuff, that's new at least).
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

spoiler[Lots of talking and not enough action.
That may work in a visual novel, but in an anime it's just bad.
Discord between the guardians seems to be rising though.
I guess all the tension started when one of them switched sides.
Tamaki having visions... well, at least that's progress.
Takuma getting fired was pretty interesting.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
And naturally, she thinks everything at him, instead of actually saying it to him to ease his heart, 4 teh dramaz. Oi.

I did lol when Cookie monster made his out of the blue appearance, thinking about Blood's post. Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And naturally, she thinks everything at him, instead of actually saying it to him to ease his heart, 4 teh dramaz. Oi.

Yeah, I had the same thought: heaven's no, sweetheart, don't try to comfort him at all - make it seem like you are going along with Baba-sama's belief that he's a danger to you. Rolling Eyes

By the way, am I missing something or hasspoiler[ a human sacrifice been chosen yet]? Is it supposed to be spoiler[Mitsuru]?

Plus, I dimly remember some mention of people being "spirited away" from the nearby village or town or whatever that I don't think we've ever actually seen yet - have we actually seen that in action, or is it just something that has been mentioned in conversation. Oh and of course...

Cookie Monster: "Okay, so I'm off to the temple now."

Co-worker: "Cool. What for?"

Cookie Monster: "Well, as you know, the world is in danger of coming to an end, so I thought I'd go up there and munch a cookie, stand around, smirk a bit ... you know, the yooj."

Co-worker: "Nice."

Cookie Monster: "Yep, that's why I get paid the big bucks."

Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6