• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Okamikakushi - Masque of the Wolf (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zgripţuroicǎ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
Yep, you were right, not Kaori, just some random person.[/spoiler]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the great sin is spoiler[that of lust, now only if I can work in a joke of "wolf whistling". And the great evil thing that is going to hapen from the girl to they guy could be something as little as a kiss.] Anyone else realised there is barely any character with glasses except the main guy, it is a conspiracy I tell you.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Ya this episode pointed out what the "sin" is. Why is it every series that Ryukishi07 works on has a theme dealing with sin? Surprised I mean I never noticed that up in till now.

Seems like next episode where getting more town's holding a mystery and Hiro now just figures it out deal. I hope he doesn't think every one is against him and takes up swinging a bat Wink

Edit ~

I have been told by people that the game's story is set up differently then how the anime is handling it.

The game has different paths per character, and you pick which things lead you down the path and gets you to the end of that part of the story.

The anime is putting every path in one story or as much as they can. But the game does have a time loop (or so I have been told) or at least a restart to take different paths.

Why I'm I starting to think Studio Deen could have done the different paths as there own 4 episode story arc like Higurashi was set up?
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

The game has different paths per character, and you pick which things lead you down the path and gets you to the end of that part of the story.

Most VA's are set up in paths, no? I know that Higu, Umi and Clannad are...I'm guessing that Ookami is as well? But yeah, I mean, the show isn't over yet, so who knows, this path could end in an episode or two, and the next path could start.

However, now the opening scene where Isuzu is all red-eye'd and dragging Hiroshi away from the Wolves makes a lot of sense. They probably kisszord :O
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Thing is most people got the idea it was a normal VN, like a sound novel type deal, where it's just one path and all you do is read along.

I wish there was at least a translation of part of the game so we could get some facts on how the anime may handle things.

Any way it must be hard to avoid lust related things like kissing if your in love with some one.
Showsni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Thing is most people got the idea it was a normal VN, like a sound novel type deal, where it's just one path and all you do is read along.

I wish there was at least a translation of part of the game so we could get some facts on how the anime may handle things.

Any way it must be hard to avoid lust related things like kissing if your in love with some one.

Normally VNs do have mutliple paths. The single read through with no choices variant is known as a kinetic novel, at least at forums where I hang out...

Whenever a VN is adapted for anime you get the problem of multiple paths versus single. They have to either pick just one path, which might be only a sixth of the game, or merge elements from several paths. For exampke, Fate Stay/Night has three main paths; the anime focuses on just the first path, with a few elements from other paths. Kanon has different paths for each of the main girls; from what I've heard, the anime shows part of each. Sometimes a VN has a single unified route; for example, Aoi Shiro has a path for each of the main girls, then once you've completed them you can play through a main path that has elements of each of the others, and would be the best one to animate should it get an adaptation. Alternatively, you could have several different paths animated with a time jump and reset; or make up an anime exclusive ending. The Bible Black anime has elements from each of the main paths and then makes up its own non-game ending, for instance, or so I've heard.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they don't cut anything plot important then if there going with the "one path mix as much as we can in" type deal.
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote
I'm just assuming but given the local legend and the way they said "You are no longer who you used to be"spoiler[when an infected person kisses someone else, they become infected too?]

I knew this episode was going to be good when it didn't start with Isuzu being annoying. Oh well, looks like Issei bit the dust.

I smell "Bad End" on this arc already.

EDIT: I forgot, the random commercials were funny.
"Kotaro! Kojiro"
*Dogs get vicious*

And we got the Hassaku commercial again. (WHY IS IT SO ADDICTING??!)
zgripţuroicǎ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote
It's certainly a strange town they've got going. Things are happening, but I'm feeling like this one might be something of a dud, as far as shows go. I don't know quite what it is, but even when things are going on, I'm just finding myself not caring what's happened. I'll stick with it just in case, but I'm starting to feel as if I'll pas on it if it gets an R1 release.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
I highly doubt this is going to get a R1 release. I mean if it does it's most likely going to go to Section23 films, maybe Funimation but there just going to market it to Higurashi fans due to the fact it's done partly by the same person.

Any way I liked this week's episode. I thought it mixed the mystery / bloodly parts in perfectly with the fact Hiro is now noticing every thing due to Issei being "murdered"
Niomo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Any way I liked this week's episode. I thought it mixed the mystery / bloodly parts in perfectly with the fact Hiro is now noticing every thing due to Issei being "murdered"

He found out that Issei was eliminated with 2 seconds left in the show, what did he notice during that time? Well, besides shock and fear lol. Because I definitely missed any other realizations Anime dazed

He did realize that something was up when he saw the girl get killed though, maybe that's what you meant?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

He found out that Issei was eliminated with 2 seconds left in the show, what did he notice during that time? Well, besides shock and fear lol. Because I definitely missed any other realizations Anime dazed

He did realize that something was up when he saw the girl get killed though, maybe that's what you meant?

Yes thats what I meant, I'm really bad at wording stuff some times Anime hyper

Well he knew something was up when he started attacking him in the middle of the night. So it was a given that something was wrong
zgripţuroicǎ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I do appreciate that the scene from the first episode finally feels like it's falling into place, although I don't think we'll quite have everything on that for at least a few more episodes. I'm starting to get confused as to how Nemuru is involved, spoiler[because I thought she was scythe-girl, but in the scene where the scythe-girl had her mask off, her hair looked silver to me.] Maybe it was just the angle was looking at my monitor, but it confused me. I'm also waiting to see how the medical company that's looking at the pills is going to come into play as well.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
zgripţuroicǎ wrote:
I do appreciate that the scene from the first episode finally feels like it's falling into place, although I don't think we'll quite have everything on that for at least a few more episodes. I'm starting to get confused as to how Nemuru is involved, spoiler[because I thought she was scythe-girl, but in the scene where the scythe-girl had her mask off, her hair looked silver to me.] Maybe it was just the angle was looking at my monitor, but it confused me. I'm also waiting to see how the medical company that's looking at the pills is going to come into play as well.

I think it is her. If not, then it is her twin sister. They have the same face and hair style, just different colors. I'd assume that we will find out next episode as the preview shows spoiler[her changing into a familiar white kimono]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Ok just watched episode 7

I'm starting to get a little bit more creeped out at all this. Like some of the angles and use of shadows / night time stuff.

Any way any one else think spoiler[During the scene near the end of the episode with Hiro looking out of his window only to see Nemuru outside looking right at him. Kind of seemed like the scene in the first arc of Higurashi with Keiichi looking out to see Rena outside saying "I'm sorry" ? ]

Kaname seemed to be looking in to the story of the wolfs more. Finding a counting rhyme that links up to the red moon and the scythe girl. Sad that spoiler[ she gets taken by the guys with the hats and that seem to be working with the people "killing" others. ]

Any way the pre-view for episode 8 looked like where getting a cool fight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8