• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight, 2nd Haruhi Season's English Casts Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear the original Haruhi cast is returning (even though Crispin's Kyon kinda bugs me). By the way, does anybody actually like those dumb ASOS Brigade videos? I find them freakin' unwatchable.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Fun fact: that's actually the SECOND version of that ASOS Brigade video. The first one had another scene at the end involving Cristina Vee groping the live-action Mikuru. Not sure if Bandai themselves removed it or if YouTube deleted it.

Well i had the original on my favorites list and when i click on it the message says "This video has been removed by the user" so i'm guessing Bandai removed it themselves most likely because someone flagged it as inappropriate and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case especially with how the ending turned out.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I see the "When in doubt get a Vic" method at work here. I like Vic but I can't take him seriously as Zero.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
John Casey wrote:
machetecat wrote:
*excited as hell* YES!!! YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! I'M TOTALLY GONNA BUY SEASON 2!!!!

And I think they basically said that we're getting all of endless 8 so YES AGAIN!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!

You won't be rooting for too long...

Why do you say that? becouse the 8 episodes are similar?

No. Because they're exactly the same, save for one or two differences per episode?

You can quite literally watch the first episode, any middle one, and the last one without missing a thing. That effectively makes FIVE completely obsolete episodes.

Yeah, I was about to say, "8 'similar' episodes" is a HUUUGE understatement.

It's like Fullmetal Alchemist and the first season of Brotherhood, but done eight times in a row instead of twice in a six-year span.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
By the way, does anybody actually like those dumb ASOS Brigade videos? I find them freakin' unwatchable.

The first few they did for the first season release were kind of fun, but the later ones got worse, and the second season release videos are even worse. I can barely tolerate a couple of minutes of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Viz announced getting Vampire Knight back in July, they are just now announcing the dub cast...so I'm guessing it will be the end of the year (Nov./Dec.) if not early 2011 before we'll see a dvd release.

I really wish American companies would release stuff faster... Crying or Very sad
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Viz announced getting Vampire Knight back in July, they are just now announcing the dub cast...so I'm guessing it will be the end of the year (Nov./Dec.) if not early 2011 before we'll see a dvd release.

I really wish American companies would release stuff faster... Crying or Very sad

They would if American fans didn't insist on dubs. Just one more reason I hate dubs. Slowing down releases.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

They would if American fans didn't insist on dubs. Just one more reason I hate dubs. Slowing down releases.

Well, my point was that Viz got the title back in July 2009 - NINE months ago - and they are only just NOW announcing the dub cast?! What have they been doing for the last 9 months? Surely it can't take that damn long to audition a cast.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:

I hate to keep reiterating this, but please stop making judgments on Vic's acting for Zero until AFTER the dub is out, then if you don't like it, you can actually say it from experience instead of just saying this because it's him and you think his voice might not fit the role, after all the JAPANESE approve the casting for their anime.

And I hate to tell you this, but don't knock people who hate Vic's "talent" or lack thereof. Agree to disagree there now.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Well, my point was that Viz got the title back in July 2009 - NINE months ago - and they are only just NOW announcing the dub cast?! What have they been doing for the last 9 months? Surely it can't take that damn long to audition a cast.

Audition? I'd be shocked to find out that Vic got the role after an audition. It seems more like he won a popularity contest, its obvious they really wanted badly to attach a big name to this project. VK has such a large cast of characters I'm curious just who they round up for this, though the show could really benefit from some other big industry vets like Freeman, Bosch, and Blum.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
Yeah, that's got to be the reason. Can't have anything to do with negotiations with the Japanese about any of the multitude of production issues that come up or any budget issues for a series that VIZ clearly doesn't consider as important as its cash cows like Naruto and Bleach.

Is it really necessary to keep whining about how much you don't like dubs on a thread about two new dubs? Why are you so insecure in your own preferences that you have to constantly run down the preferences of others?

Personally I'm happy to have news on this release and I'm fairly psyched about the casting. I'm willing to give BangZoom a chance to impress me before automatically making a judgement against them. I'm familiar with the VAs and like them so hey, bonus excitement points for me. Plus it's nice to know VIZ is actually going to do the release when after all this time I was starting to think they'd just forgotten about it.

I'm extremely pleased that Bandai is keeping the original core cast for the Haruhi dub (though I'd like to know about some of the supporters) but I wish they'd just be upfront with details. The vids are fine but sometimes they can confuse folks on the details.

Mostly I just hope to see those Haruhi DVDs before I die of old age. Bandai keeps letting their release dates slip. And slip. And slip.

Then slip some more.

I just hope I can buy both. My family is in a crisis finacially and everything is going to bills, food and damn little else. I can't spend much of my savings as I have to be ready in case of sudden costs after I start classes. (Law school is VERY EXPENSIVE.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
Why do you say that? becouse the 8 episodes are similar?

No. Because they're exactly the same, save for one or two differences per episode?

You can quite literally watch the first episode, any middle one, and the last one without missing a thing. That effectively makes FIVE completely obsolete episodes.

While it is probably one of those things that "seemed like a good idea at the time" (hey, this story is called "endless eight" - so how about we make it eight episodes) but they are all fully animated and by different teams so it is an exercise in seeing what different people do with the same material (hence why one episode had a K-on! feel to it etc.); the script was mostly the same, but they were all storyboarded and directed and supervised by different people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Blah blah blah, Haruhi's great and all, but..

HOW DID I MISS VAMPIRE KNIGHT GETTING LICENSED?! And with a dub no less! Ohh, day one, right here!

Otaku_X wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

Quit your whining and go back to watching fansubs or import a Region 2 disc if you hate it that much. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
I never understood why people want to watch season one in broadcast order. That's how I watched it first, and I hated it. I wish I'd never seen it that way. After watching it in Chronological order, it became one of my favorite anime.

I don't see what the gimmick is making shows out of chronological order. It was cool in Boogiepop & all, but it was just stupid in Rental Magica not to proceed in some sort of reasonable fashion (Never bothered with Haruhi).
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Otaku_X wrote:
I never understood why people want to watch season one in broadcast order. That's how I watched it first, and I hated it. I wish I'd never seen it that way. After watching it in Chronological order, it became one of my favorite anime.

I don't see what the gimmick is making shows out of chronological order. It was cool in Boogiepop & all, but it was just stupid in Rental Magica not to proceed in some sort of reasonable fashion (Never bothered with Haruhi).

Haruhi is a lot better in broadcast over chronological order. A lot better. I don't know why they did it like that, but it's better for it. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6