• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Unhappy Families

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
And as for anime I'm looking forward to this fall: Kill la Kill, Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta, Strike the Blood, Meganebu!, Teekyu season 3, Nagi no Asukara, Kyokai no Kanata, Kyousogiga, Samurai Flameneco, Galilei Donna, Coppelion, Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova. There's also Space Brothers and Monogatari series second season carrying over from the summer. Fall's going to be busy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
The Eccentric Family sure got exciting recently. I haven't watched a show that hyped me up every weekend this much in awhile. I just enjoy the hell out of the comedy, dialogues, characters, and story of this show. It's likely one of my top 5's from this summer's lineup.

As for Gatchaman Crowds, the recent episodes feels a bit repetitive but I'm still enjoying the heck out of it. Hajime is like a dynamite of explosive energy and I just love her energetic personality. On the other hand, oh God Rui...I feel so for him especially with spoiler[someone else taking his identity.]

Hmm, the list looks similar to mine overall although I'm not liking Daybreak Illusion or Sunday Without God as much as I had thought. Well, the latter is decent in some ways although a few of the arcs felt a bit rushed. I haven't read the LN yet so I'm not sure how well it is adapted though. As for Daybreak Illusion though, ugh the series just gets to my head week after week now with the suffering. The first episode set it up pretty well for me but then decides to try week after week with the same repetitive atmosphere. Feels like the show it's trying too hard but that's just me.

Blood Lad is pretty funny although somewhat short without much of a real ending (yet?). That kinda goes same for Majestic Prince imo as I felt the ending didn't really feel like...an ending. I was going to say the opposite thing for Stella C3 but there happens to be another episode next week. Episode 12 of Stella C3 did feel like an ending. Oh speaking of endings, Kinmoza sure went out with a bang last week. Damn, that song still plays in my head after watching the second half of the finale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
What's weird is Blood Lad was only 10 episodes, not 11, 12, or 13 but 10.

And the fact other than a few chapters ahead the anime caught up with the manga. Unless they wanted or really needed to get the series animated while it was hot it's going to be a long time before they can attempt to make a second season. I've never seen a series blow through the source material so quickly and just end like this one.

As for Majestic Prince it was a fun predictable ride but the ending wasn't much of a surprise since it ended just like Gundam Seed and the people behind that one also did MP including the character designs except their budget was all over the place. They are looking into potentially making a second season but the way they ended it they could stop their or make a OVA at least if they wanted to have a epilogue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4