• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
BlazBlue Alter Memory (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote
Lambda is pretty cute in the latest episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Lambda was pretty good in this episode, the episode actually felt better as her part in it with trying to understand things was in itself easy to understand. Still confusing, and thus little easy to understand parts can be good additions.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
[quote="Vaisaga"]Kokonoe says in this episode she used Nu's soul (13th Prime Field) for Lambda.[/quote

Okay then...something different is going on in this show compared to the games, or I am forgetting some stuff because I haven't played these games in like a year and a half.

Quote:

Lambda was pretty good in this episode, the episode actually felt better as her part in it with trying to understand things was in itself easy to understand. Still confusing, and thus little easy to understand parts can be good additions.

Don't worry about confusion. Those of us who play all the games have no idea what is going on half the time. BB tends to basically throw some crazy as hell plot twist at you and slam you in the face, and then lets you sort of try to piece something even slightly sensical from it. Which never happens, because Mori (the writer for the whole plot) is either goddamn nuts, a terrible writer, a genius, or all three at the same time.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Kokonoe says in this episode she used Nu's soul (13th Prime Field) for Lambda.

Okay then...something different is going on in this show compared to the games, or I am forgetting some stuff because I haven't played these games in like a year and a half.

Quote:

Don't worry about confusion. Those of us who play all the games have no idea what is going on half the time. BB tends to basically throw some crazy as hell plot twist at you and slam you in the face, and then lets you sort of try to piece something even slightly sensical from it. Which never happens, because Mori (the writer for the whole plot) is either goddamn nuts, a terrible writer, a genius, or all three at the same time.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
Hey, this episode was actually pretty good. I have to credit this to the voice actors. The conversations between Makoto and Noel and Tsubaki and Jin rang true.

Though every time I hear Tsubaki cry I can't help but think of Corpse Party.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
I'm going to be honest here i really don't like the voice actors for this show. I don't generally have a problem with most Japanese dubs but the cast here isn't very strong. Everyone seems so apathetic like they really don't want to be voice acting for this show. The only stand out is Noel imo. Ragna really sounds forced and Tsubaki.........ugh maybe it's because i can't stand her character but to me she doesn't sound as desperate as she should.

I really hope funamation can get the original voice actors from the game because i really liked them. I know for a fact that Ragna will have the same voice actor since Patrick Seitz did his voice over and he's already done lots of work with Funamation.

That aside i really can't stand the pacing for this show. It's all over the bloody place. I liked last episode because everything actually slowed down for once and we got to see some nice character interactions. But here we are again going through event after event with no real explanation as to what's happening. From what i hear the game is like this as well..........so i guess you can't really blame the anime that much.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Man, this show is terrible at explaining itself. Even while they were supposedly explaining things here, I pretty had no idea what they were saying, it just seems to droll on. In general it feels frustrating that we have the two main characters pushed as supposedly the centre of all evil, but it just feels like the green haired guy is just too evil.

I swear that there was even a problem where the character's mouth was not even moving right. I noticed a character near the end seem to speak without talking, and then her mouth began moving, and it did not seem to be an issue of the sound being out of sinc.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I swear that there was even a problem where the character's mouth was not even moving right. I noticed a character near the end seem to speak without talking, and then her mouth began moving, and it did not seem to be an issue of the sound being out of sinc.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Oh well, animation errors happen.

But yeah, this show is terrible at a lot of things Laughing Still, hearing Terumi lose his shit is always amusing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

What even happened here? That is a rhetorical question as I can actually give an explanation of the plot, but is confusing and totally unsatisfactory, that giving an explanation would just feel wasted. Just hearing Rachel speak as a conclusion of the series just felt like a self fulfilling attempt to feel deep, kind of like what Kirino accuses Kuroneko of doing in Oreimo.

I don't know what way to think about certain characters, so to orientate myself I would use Terumi as a scale of evil to figure where other characters fit. But when he suddenly does something to the shadows that were toying with people, I don't know what to think. Even Jin apparently being good after actually being a nut job for a lot of the show. Why were so many people that were trying to kill Ranger apparently good guys too, and why did they want to kill him?

Anyway, I am rating the series as Weak, a couple lights like Tao and the other girl move it up a bit for me. Bit it is down the bottom of this season along with Galileo.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
Gonna give it a "Not Really Good" myself. It is pretty bad but I found myself enjoying quite a lot of it. I'd watch a Chrono Phantasma anime if they made it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4