• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds DNA2, 1st Lupin III TV Special, Dragon Half, Fatal Fury Specials

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
It makes me wonder how they'd even release this series. A huge complete series set (preferably on Blu-ray) would be beast. These materials do exist since pretty much all the Lupin III stuff has been released on Blu-Ray in Japan.

Yeah but if they look bad then it might not be worth it. They already said they won't do Blu-ray for the Green Jacket series due to it looking "worse than the DVD" (most likely due to the frozen grain) and I doubt they'll release Red Jacket that way because the Japanese BDs for that series are upscaled. There's still hope for BDs of Cagliostro & perhaps Mamo later on since those films had little to no problems and in Cagliostro's case, look MUCH better than "Mangle's" DVDs.
E-Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There's still hope for BDs of Cagliostro & perhaps Mamo later on since those films had little to no problems and in Cagliostro's case, look MUCH better than "Mangle's" DVDs.
That's why I still own the older DVD release of Cagliostro to show my friends that the opening does have moving animation.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
E-Master: Yeah, but that SE of Cagliostro has a-I think-U.S.-only Yasuo Otsuka interview.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
Quote:
There's still hope for BDs of Cagliostro & perhaps Mamo later on since those films had little to no problems and in Cagliostro's case, look MUCH better than "Mangle's" DVDs.
That's why I still own the older DVD release of Cagliostro to show my friends that the opening does have moving animation.

I hate it how there's no "definitive" version of Cagliostro here. The older Manga release has a poorer transfer, while the newer one butchers the opening. Is it so much to ask for an uncut U.S. Blu-Ray?
E-Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
E-Master: Yeah, but that SE of Cagliostro has a-I think-U.S.-only Yasuo Otsuka interview.

I did enjoy watching that special feature as well as being able to watch the film in Spanish & French. Making it a rare treat to see Lupin dub in a language other than English. Thats the only reason I kept the newer DVD, was because it had slightly more to offer besides the movie.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I did enjoy watching that special feature as well as being able to watch the film in Spanish & French. Making it a rare treat to see Lupin dub in a language other than English. Thats the only reason I kept the newer DVD, was because it had slightly more to offer besides the movie.

Well, if I can find both Haul box sets for a decent price; maybe one day I'll find Cagliostro. I still don't own an official copy of that film, but both versions are long out-of-print. So basically, I have to just keep hoping for a U.S. Blu-ray.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/ReedNelson/status/410152158642716672

Quote:
Announcement: @DiscotekMedia's #Lupin Bye-Bye Liberty DVD will officially have the English dub from @MangaUK!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4