• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Dandy Anime's 1st Episode Leaked Before TV Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
99+% of American fans are going to watch it in english. And some maybe will watch it fansubbed ('cause japanese is always better yada yada yada).

I fixed that for you. No, seriously, most Europeans will watch it subbed.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
Why would anyone even torrent this in the first place? The episode premieres tonight in English, which is 10x better then watching an anime you can't understand (if this is an unsubbed torrent).

If someone can't wait one day to watch a new anime, then that's sad. I'd rather watch it when it premiers so I can talk about it with everyone else while watching.

From all the commercials I'm seeing on CN, it looks great, can't wait for tonight.

Actually it premieres tomorrow. And a good speed subber could have that raw subtitled in less than a day. And as others point out, there are those who can understand Japanese.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

You realize there are people out there that understand Japanese, right?

You realize the amount of Japanese speakers not watching Space Dandy in Japan is to put it in perspective absolutely negligible ?
In other terms it's a non starter.
99+% of western fans are going to watch it in english. And some maybe will watch it fansubbed ('cause japanese is always better yada yada yada).

Yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
99+% of American fans are going to watch it in english. And some maybe will watch it fansubbed ('cause japanese is always better yada yada yada).

I fixed that for you. No, seriously, most Europeans will watch it subbed.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking. 50% at best will watch it dubbed. Nowhere near 99%. In my defense, I was watching Ars Nova, one of the best shows this past season, so I wasn't paying much attention.

PS: No, really. Drop whatever you are doing, don't let the CG fool you, and go watch Ars Nova right now. It's really REALLY good.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

You realize the amount of Japanese speakers not watching Space Dandy in Japan is to put it in perspective absolutely negligible ?
In other terms it's a non starter.
99+% of western fans are going to watch it in english. And some maybe will watch it fansubbed ('cause japanese is always better yada yada yada).

"87% of the statics posted on the internet are made up" ~Abraham Lincoln.

By the way, not all western fans are American or British.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Saddening. Theses scumbags probably feel like they're doing the world a service. I mean, how dare a company license anime and then stream it for free. They need to be taught a lesson.

Cptn_Taylor wrote:

I think that will only be the case if it's streamed in English. Nowhere near 99% of western fans have cable or access to Cartoon Network where the show is airing in English.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I still don't get how this keeps happening.
For the record though.... it wasn't that good. Are they gonna repeat the "Dandy can't shoot things" joke all the time? It was mildly amusing the first time. Not so funny after that.
So you don't get how it's happening yet you went ahead and took a look and wanted to tell people it wasn't that good and ruin the joke for us as well. Ty and now you know how it's happening how? lazy fans like you who can't wait i mean jeez it airs on Sat but that's not good enough for some anime fans Rolling Eyes btw. Anyone who took a look at it {since you must know it's a leak if your a fan who keeps up on news}is just as bad as the dumb ass who leaked it:P sometimes the anime fandom is very sad Crying or Very sad
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:
Why would anyone even torrent this in the first place? The episode premieres tonight in English, which is 10x better then watching an anime you can't understand (if this is an unsubbed torrent).

If someone can't wait one day to watch a new anime, then that's sad. I'd rather watch it when it premiers so I can talk about it with everyone else while watching.

From all the commercials I'm seeing on CN, it looks great, can't wait for tonight.

Of course I know that. Just saying that if anyone does watch an unsubbed anime and doesn't understand the language, it's probably not a smart idea.

It's only a day away for the US, it's not a long wait.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Saddening. Theses scumbags probably feel like they're doing the world a service. I mean, how dare a company license anime and then stream it for free. They need to be taught a lesson.

Cptn_Taylor wrote:

I think that will only be the case if it's streamed in English. Nowhere near 99% of western fans have cable or access to Cartoon Network where the show is airing in English.

Its Madmans fault for making it available to the whole world.

To put it better, they deserve it. Not having any security it all is just idiotic. Nobody hacked anything, they just went to the site. This happened god knows how many times before, but Madman never learns.
Whoever is in charge of security at Madman is a idiot.

hojo 360 wrote:
lazy fans like you who can't wait i mean jeez it airs on Sat but that's not good enough for some anime fans Rolling Eyes btw. Anyone who took a look at it {since you must know it's a leak if your a fan who keeps up on news}is just as bad as the dumb ass who leaked it:P sometimes the anime fandom is very sad Crying or Very sad

How is this dumb? Just because you say so?

You know, if you're going to insult some people, atleast explain why.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
So you don't get how it's happening

Not exactly. I meant to say that:
1. I don't get how these leeks keep getting made, especially since it's the same company who has had leek in the past.
2. I have not actually watched the leek. The joke I spoiled was from the special pre-airing of the first half of episode 1, last week.
3. This kind of leek is not aimed at people like be. It's aimed at the same kind of people who download speedsubs, because it's the first available thing.
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Not exactly. I meant to say that:
1. I don't get how these leeks keep getting made, especially since it's the same company who has had leek in the past.
2. I have not actually watched the leek. The joke I spoiled was from the special pre-airing of the first half of episode 1, last week.
3. This kind of leek is not aimed at people like be. It's aimed at the same kind of people who download speedsubs, because it's the first available thing.

We get what you mean, but leeks are the vegetables Miku holds. Very Happy
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
We get what you mean, but leeks are the vegetables Miku holds. Very Happy

Is this that "self-pwned" thing I keep hearing about? Didn't think I'd be the one to do it.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
fire_ wrote:

This time it wasn't a security issue, Madman made the episode available publicly at the following link (it's not there anymore) http://www.madman.com.au/videos/view/4291/space-dandy-episode-01-dubbed

no, i think someone hacked their servers and uploaded it. then somebody else ripped it. just like with one piece, how they uploaded the episode when it was leaked.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
No, this is 100% Madman's fault. No one 'hacked' anything.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Uh oh, looks like Madman Entertainment is going to be under fire from Japanese companies once again. I hope this doesn't end up with Japanese companies refusing to work with Madman due to this and past leaking incident.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9