• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Characters With Insatiable Appetites

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaminota

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Papochulo wrote:
No Katsuragi Yako from the "Neuro" series? The girl was built like a toothpick but could eat like a horse.

I knew I was forgetting someone. On another note Neuro could be included as he "eats" the mysteries (and has already eaten the Demon world dry). They both have big appetites.
lordwindowlicker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
How could you leave Lina Inverse off the list?
paul2995

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Shay Guy"]Toriko's creed is [i]almost[/i] redundant. The only thing that stops it is the fact that one statement mentions eating directly and the other refers to [i]wanting[/i] to eat.[/quote]

In Toriko's world there are a lot of monsters out there when he is looking for a particular ingredient, having say that, when he encounters monster he dont want to eat he just knock them out instead of killing them (which is easier for him).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I guess there's someone that loves shrimp more than me. Guess she doesn't have to worry about shellfish allergies.

Damn, I can't remember much anime where some characters had insatiable appetites. I mean in the Re: Cutie Honey anime Honey had pretty big appetite for rice balls aside from eating tons of beef bowls from Seiji.

I finally had the chance of sitting down at watching 'Eat-Man'. A friend of mine had told me about it for years. I have to admit it was an interesting anime.

What about Yukito from CCS. That guy ate sweets so much. There wasn't an episode that he appeared where he didn't have something sweet in his mouth. But then you had Kero and Supi-chan, they were another bunch of sweet-heads. Can you say in the voice of Wilford Brimley..."DIABETUS". Then there's Vash the Stampeed. He eats a lot. I'm cheating a little only because I need a refresher. But I can't think of much more. Oh, there's the Mankanshoku family from Kill la Kill. They eat, mystery meat and eat like a pack of wolves. And can still cook on the spot for more delicious croquettes.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Does Unicron count? It eats planets and realities, and it's freaking Orson Welles. Laughing
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Does Unicron count? It eats planets and realities, and it's freaking Orson Welles. Laughing
There have been Japanese Transformers adaptions but I don't recall him eating much in those plus I think we're going more for a size comparison here. I didn't mean to ruin your joke!

So many characters from shows animated by Toei, coincidence? Probably. Magical eating doesn't count, does it?
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
there is no doubt goku should be on this list, though i would put him number 1 easily with toriko as number 2.

I'm a massive fan of Dragon Ball and am fairly "Meh" on Toriko, but I'll gladly admit that Toriko has Goku beat when it comes to a list of big eaters
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4