• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Not-So-Ditzy Blondes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Like Gina, I interpreted the list to be of blondes that are not as ditzy as they seem. The Thompson sisters *seem* ditzy, and often act that way, but they are actually pretty hardcore and serious when the situation calls for it.

And to that I say: "Giraffe!". The Thompson twins are pretty hardcore and serious when they're in the shape of guns being dual wielded by Death the Kid but in those times, they're not blondes, are they?

I'm still trying to figure out how Evangeline topped the list. Ayaka from Negima!, yes, she works on either interpretation {Not that I see how you can read that. It's the "so" that makes it what it is and it's completely different from "Not ditzy blondes" or even "Not Ditzy Ditzy Blondes". Winry? Alphonse is more of a Ditzy Blonde than she is} but Evangeline...

Wait, ice magic? Yes, it was used in the second season with the ice statues but it was only explained as her magic type in the manga ... where she had more scenes of her being/"not being" the ten year old she said she never was.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
unfortunately ayaka is an obvious ditz so you can clearly have her out of the question.

though the biggest ditz have to be the "titty cow/dairy cow" myu from kenichi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
A list of "not-so-ditzy" blonds and it DOESN'T include Victorique from Gosick? That makes it a bad list.
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why the Thompson sisters from Soul Eater were included on the list but Maka was not. Maka is a serious, hard working student and compared to the sisters she is further away from the ditzy blonde stereotype than those two are. Maka's hair may not be golden blonde but it can still be described as ash blonde plus Liz is considered a blonde when her hair isn't golden blonde either.

Also I'm quite surprised that Annie from Attack on Titan didn't make the list either. The series is popular so I'd figured one of the many blondes from that series would have popped up on the list.

And I'm seconding all the blonde females of the Fullmetal Alchemist series.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
kurowa-san wrote:
I'm surprised that so many people mention Winry but don't mention Olivier Armstrong.

that because people liked her. and major armstrong's is way too bitchy and uptight to be that popular and if she wasnt blonde like makina from deadman wonderland, she would get even less attention

Olivier Armstrong is a much more likable character than Winry. She actually does something. She actually contributes to the fight against the homunculi. She kicks ass. She commands many loyal, badass troops.

In comparison, Winry is just the girl-next-door love interest. She's the help at best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bolaum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Z-Raid wrote:
I'm curious as to why the Thompson sisters from Soul Eater were included on the list but Maka was not. Maka is a serious, hard working student and compared to the sisters she is further away from the ditzy blonde stereotype than those two are. Maka's hair may not be golden blonde but it can still be described as ash blonde plus Liz is considered a blonde when her hair isn't golden blonde either.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If someone from Soul Eater deserved to be in this list, this person was Maka.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
kurowa-san wrote:
I'm surprised that so many people mention Winry but don't mention Olivier Armstrong.

that because people liked her. and major armstrong's is way too bitchy and uptight to be that popular and if she wasnt blonde like makina from deadman wonderland, she would get even less attention

Olivier Armstrong is a much more likable character than Winry. She actually does something. She actually contributes to the fight against the homunculi. She kicks ass. She commands many loyal, badass troops.

In comparison, Winry is just the girl-next-door love interest. She's the help at best.

and that's the problem. if she was a main character like teacher, then she would have gotten a more popular fanbase. unfortunately the only ones that are popular in FMA are of course winry, hawkeye and nina tucker ( though mainly from the loli pandering otaku community)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Sorta wish the blond chick from Great Teacher Onizuka could have made it to the list, she's got a super high IQ and almost destroyed the school with bombs she made herself!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4