• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
No company have even touched the series ever since Funi rescued it after Geneon tanked and then for some reason let the license expire.

While the FUNimation logo is placed on the back of the A's boxset (bottom of the first season artbox, too), Geneon's logo and name are much more prominent. From what I remember, FUNi merely handled the logistics of distributing the show, and never held the license themselves.
Fipse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:

Why would anybody adapt a dead manga? The hiatus was supposed to end 6 months ago and we still don't have any news about it. Force is dead and i bet they will write it out of canon soon.

By this logic, Nanoha Innocent will get an anime adaptation in some form before Force (if Force EVER gets some sort of bone).[/quote]

Innocent sells a lot more manga volumes then Force so yes, an anime adaptation is likely. Force will probably never get one. There is just no point in making one if the manga is on eternal hiatus Wink
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
No company have even touched the series ever since Funi rescued it after Geneon tanked and then for some reason let the license expire.

While the FUNimation logo is placed on the back of the A's boxset (bottom of the first season artbox, too), Geneon's logo and name are much more prominent. From what I remember, FUNi merely handled the logistics of distributing the show, and never held the license themselves.

that's what i said. they did a rescue with a majority of the series that geneon licensed. however they never renewed nanoha and nanoha a's afterwards after it was licensed. it's pretty much an uber screw job they did to the series cause no one have even licensed it since. so unless sentai or viz decides to license it, its pretty much game over for any US releases.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
EyeOfPain wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

that's what i said. they did a rescue with a majority of the series that geneon licensed. however they never renewed nanoha and nanoha a's afterwards after it was licensed. it's pretty much an uber screw job they did to the series cause no one have even licensed it since. so unless sentai or viz decides to license it, its pretty much game over for any US releases.

You're still saying the opposite of what I said, and yet, somehow you think we're in agreement.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
IceKirby wrote:

I only knew that Einhart already had a seiyuu from Gears of Destiny. I'm a fan of Kitamura Eri and Itou Kanae, so this is nice to know.

By the way, if you're looking for them, you have to find the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's Drama CD Side-T and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's Audio Commentary. For the latter, you need the whole movie and chooses one of the other options for the audio (unfortunately, there is no subtitle for the commentary, I think). The commentary cast of The Movie 1st has seven members (Nanoha, Fate, Vivio, Subaru, Teana, Erio and Caro). The commentary cast of The Movie 2nd A's has 21 members (Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Signum, Vita, Shamal, Zafira, Agito, Subaru, Teana, Erio, Caro, Lutecia, Vivio, Einhard, Rio, Corona and Miura... I just forgot Yuuno and Chrono. Lol. It's a wonder that they are even there. Sugita's "ETERNAL COFFIN!" Wait, I just forgot Reinforce Zwei, too).

The audio commentaries are funny and they are another reason for me to look for the blu-rays. It's hard to figure out how many people actually scream "BREAKER!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4