• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Advance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
but most of the characters desperately want to blame someone, and either don't know that it was almost entirely Gendo's doing, or see him and Shinji as basically the same person (which isn't entirely wrong). But they also have some awareness that spoiler[blaming a clueless kid for the latest Lovecraftian apocalypse is bit crazy, which is why they keep him alive, and why Misato doesn't kill him when he escapes.]

Doesn't excuse Misato's reaction, she knew better.
BWBODDY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
My first reaction after watching this was that I've never seen a story so fundamentally broken that wasn't actually bad. 3.0 explained absolutely nothing about what was going on, why people were acting the way they were or what happened to get everyone in the positions they were in. I don't mind keeping things mysterious to make it easier to connect with Shinji, but they should have explained eventually (maybe do that instead of the mech fight at the beginning that was boring because they didn't explain what was going on). Shinji and Kaworu's relationship was really what saved this movie. 4.0 is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

That's basically how I felt after watching 3.0 in the Theaters.

I liked the Blu-ray release 3.33 better, which I'm sure is due to a combination of the little added touches they added for the Home Release and the fact that I've already seen it once before
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4