• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Announces English Dub Plans for 7 Anime Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
As someone who will always go dub if one's available, these past few days have been very good to me xD

I've been anticipating the Shoukugeki no Souma anime's dub for a long time now. Glad that it'is finally confirmed and on its way! Also happy to see Monster Musume as its one of the few harems that I genuinely enjoyed lately.

Still very bummed Haikyuu!! Isn't getting a dub though Sad I really am waiting for the day they reconsider and re-release it. Maybe they can do the Free route and dub the second season first?

Lizzie_B wrote:
Here's hoping Sentai licences Osomatsu-san in the future

Heck, I would praise the heavens if anyone licensed Osomatsu at all and especially gave it a dub. But the anime is not only heavy on Japanese humor, I don't think it'll be as big of a hit here as it is in Japan to justify a release (let alone a dub.)
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
Still waiting for information about your LoGH release, Sentai.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:35 am Reply with quote
They better start practicing their orgasmic voices
Monster Musume makes sense since it seems relatively more popular in NA than in Japan
#Immie93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:11 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:

I've gotta think that it's either cost-related or Production Committee related. Either someone in the franchise's ownership group just doesn't want to sell it overseas, or they're asking way too much money for it, or they're putting conditions on selling it (like maybe requiring a dub) that the international companies won't agree to. I've heard some people speculate that maybe it's just too Japanese, but there are plenty of shows I found a lot harder to follow as a foreigner than Hyouka that have gotten US releases, so I can't believe that would be the main reason.

As for these shows that are getting dubs, I was already going to buy Food Wars anyway, so this is a nice bonus. I liked Danmachi and Amagi, but those aren't the sort of shows I typically buy. I'll take a look at them once they're up for pre-order, though.

I agree, I've watched loads of anime with more Japanese targeted storylines than Hyouka and I wouldn't even regard Hyouka as a difficult anime to follow from outside Japan. I reckon there's something in its terms and conditions for overseas distribution that make it unavailable. Which is a shame, because I'd put it on my shelf.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
Monster Musume is getting dubbed sweet! I really hope that Sentai releases MM in a collectors edition cause that would be so Awesome. Very Happy
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
redranger wrote:
And still no [expletive] Sacred Seven. Time to give up hope, it seems.

I know. It's a real pain with Sentai when half of their shows get dubbed and the other half don't.

I suspect redranger is referring to any type of release, not specifically a dubbed one. Sacred Seven was one of the slate of Bandai/Sunrise licenses that have yet to show up almost 3 years later (See animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/sentai-filmworks-adds-sacred-seven-big-o-kurokami-more ).
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
1:1 "Darling" count required, Sentai!
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
my sincerest condolences, y'all :y

but more seriously i'm surprised they haven't mentioned school-live here. i'd heard they'd licensed it but i haven't heard anything about the release. weird.
bs3311

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Still waiting for information about your LoGH release, Sentai.

Same, I'm glad Sentai has announced these titles for dubs. But It didn't feel like that big of a panel news wise compared to Crunchyroll practically bombing the R1 market with their presence and Viz with their toonami stuff and jojo news. Sentai is again behind this season and it makes me sad, and I wanted sentai to drop some news on shocking acquisitions, bandai releases, LOTGH (Which a fan asked in the Q&A, but Sentai responded with a big fat WIP) or have the rumors be true according to magazine/web articles on Sentai licensing Paranoia Agent or actually somehow able to rescue NGE.

Again, good for them. But as a fan of their work, I wanted SOOOOOO MUCH MORE
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Well this is good news indeed. I have been wondering for a while now what was going on with Monster Musume. Been waiting to hear about a dvd/BR release and whether or not it would have a dub. Question answered. Also very nice to see Amagi, Danmachi, Ushio & Tora, and GATE are getting dubs. Hopefully some of them will have sets out in time for the holidays this year.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
aquadon1963 wrote:
Quite an impressive list of dubs ....gosh every 4th week of the month (when they'd announce their newest releases ) I'd have a big let down because Sentai would only dub like 20-30%
THANK YOU THANK YOU SENTAI ...and ill be purchasing all 7 to encourage them to dub MOREMOREMORE ...and PLEASE go back and dub TO LOVE RU ..and HAYATE and Finnish dubbing .. The Familiar Of Zero

I'm so glad you mentioned those titles for me. I'm wondering what will it take to convince Sentai to finally dub them. I'm afraid there's a possibility that purchasing their DVDs and Blu-rays won't change anything. Do you think purchasing the Japanese copies of these titles straight from Japan will teach Sentai a lesson? Please fill me on this.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Sentai isn't going to know you imported it from Japan and probably won't care. Just note that your unheard protest is going to hit you the hardest, since you'll be spending at least $50 a 2-episode disc.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Sentai isn't going to know you imported it from Japan and probably won't care. Just note that your unheard protest is going to hit you the hardest, since you'll be spending at least $50 a 2-episode disc.

Hey! Don't you go so hard on me yourself. I'm just low on solutions. But it would be nice to know how many are interested in a particular idea or product (especially if you're the one doing the selling). If I made something (in this case something animated with narrative) that could be successful, I wouldn't take any risks (well not big ones anyway). My dream is to start an animation company meant to create animated projects aimed to delight and entertain audiences but it will start off very small at first.

Sorry if that last half of the paragraph was completely off topic but still you must sometimes learn to give your fans what they want.

Last edited by CANimeFan88 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
i think Polycell is right CANimeFan88 ...I've asked over and over and the best advise to encourage dubs of any show is to STREAM STREAM STREAM them .
I stream Crunchy on my computer and watch my dubbed stuff on my TV simultaneously .
Also get on Sentai's twitter site and askaskask ....
and keep your eyes on @WTK (on Twitter)..he is always posting survey polls from Funi and Sentai and many of those involve what titles folks would like to see dubbed. Not to mention UP TO THE MINUTE NEWS ON ALL KINDS OF MANGA AND ANIME RELATED products.

And is anyone else HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY to see that Sentai dubbed Den-noh Coil
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:25 pm Reply with quote
aquadon1963 wrote:
i think Polycell is right CANimeFan88 ...I've asked over and over and the best advise to encourage dubs of any show is to STREAM STREAM STREAM them .
I stream Crunchy on my computer and watch my dubbed stuff on my TV simultaneously .
Also get on Sentai's twitter site and askaskask ....
and keep your eyes on @WTK (on Twitter)..he is always posting survey polls from Funi and Sentai and many of those involve what titles folks would like to see dubbed. Not to mention UP TO THE MINUTE NEWS ON ALL KINDS OF MANGA AND ANIME RELATED products.

And is anyone else HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY to see that Sentai dubbed Den-noh Coil

Well thanks for telling me that. So this "@WTK" speaks directly to Funi and Sentai on dub suggestions? I hope it works. We might need to be a little more patient then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5