• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
meiam wrote:
Personal AOTS for me is almost certainly going to be IBO (unless they go all 00 S2), but my money would be on Yuri, Sound eupho or march for overall AOTS.

I dunno about that. Girlish Number could easily be a dark horse in that race. It's already getting some talk and tied with Yuri for my second-highest-rated debut of the season.

I really liked girlish number and I'm glad it got picked, but it seems like too much of a niche product for AOTS and comedy generally don't do incredibly well. Although the main character is probably my favorite new character of this season.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Well Big Order and Taboo Tattoo were lower rated than Drifters from the beginning so barring a sudden drastic decrease in animation and/or writing quality, it does not appear to be at risk for that.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
My two favorite shows of the season are Keijo!!!!!!!! and Izetta of the end and I am glad that they are both getting reviewed by Theron Martin. Very Happy
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering how long it would take for the Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule to come out but it seems like somehow I just managed to miss it earlier...
Anyway everything I'm watching is going to be covered so I'm happy and since he has my favourites so far I'll be reading all of Nick's reviews this season
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Theron's got all my picks. A bit surprised Rebecca got Wixoss. She didn't seem to hate it, but her preview was pretty mixed. Hopefully she likes it, im always down for more wixoss. Gonna also watch Magical Girl Raising Project and the positive reaction to Girlish Number has piqued my interest in it even more. A bit disappointed Matoi and Show by Rock arent getting reviewed but i was watching SBR anyway and the preview of Matoi makes it seem at least worth checking out. That just leaves a couple of shorts. Man, my schedule is going to be rather big this season.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:31 am Reply with quote
Ok, this is the fifth time I missed the DSR poll and I started to get really frustrated. Just how long will you guys wait before posting the results? Cause to me, it's like you're waiting less than 3hrs and this polls is being exclusive to North Americans only. What about the rests? If your schedules are very tight, then that's fine. But if that's not the case and you have alot of time in your hands, can you care to explain this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: My time zone is +3 GMT.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:52 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
Ok, this is the fifth time I missed the DSR poll and I started to get really frustrated. Just how long will you guys wait before posting the results? Cause to me, it's like you're waiting less than 3hrs and this polls is being exclusive to North Americans only. What about the rests? If your schedules are very tight, then that's fine. But if that's not the case and you have alot of time in your hands, can you care to explain this?

Thanks in advance.

They extended it significantly for the last couple of seasons, actually. It was only a few hours a while ago, but it was probably up for a good 24 hours this time. And yeah, the schedules are very tight, I don't know if you noticed the several reviews that have been posted in the less than 24 hours since the reviewers were assigned.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:

Thanks in advance.

What are you complaining about? First of all, of course it was open to people outside North America. I'm in New Zealand and I voted. And secondly, even though I don't know the exact number of hours I can tell you the poll was definitely up for more than three hours. I saw it, voted, then went back to ANN many hours later expecting to see the results only to find that it was still up. There was plenty of time to vote.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
Zac posted a thread about the poll at close to 12:30 pm PST and indicated that people had until 8am PST the next day to vote. So a little less than 20 hours total. I am (once again) a fairly frequent visitor to ANN and even I missed notice of the poll and therefore the chance to vote. I get that there is an eagerness to get the daily stream reviews going as fast as possible, but I'm not sure 20 hours is the optimum voting window, either. Although, I kinda wish the US presidential election was only 20 hours long...

Perhaps in future, ANN can give posters a head's up when the poll will be published so people can look out for it. Perhaps put that information in the header of the fall previews itself.
alorian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Huh. Surprised Trickster, Brave Witches, The Great Passage, Occultic;Nine, and Poco's Udon World all got more votes than Touken Ranbu. I guess the fandom for that show really is completely concentrated in Japan.

At least we might get a good review from Gabriella that poignantly explains the seething hatred I have for Occultic;Nine.

I'm disappointed about Touken Ranbu myself, especially since the first two episodes were a lot of fun and I'm excited to have a version of it I can watch, since the game isn't easily available stateside. I suspect that it's not so much that the fandom is concentrated in Japan, as that the fandom is concentrated in other places online (like tumblr) and most people watching it don't even come to ANN, much less participate here.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
Everything I voted for made it except Magic-Kyun Renaissance which is a shame because I really enjoyed the first two episodes.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
I completely agree with Admiral Pizzaman, it's really hard to catch the poll. Since the poll always goes up before the preview guide ends, would it be possible to put up the poll earlier, at the beginning or during the middle of the second week of the guide (or even the first week, if there is no projected 2nd week?) We all want to feel like we have a say in what gets reviewed, even if the poll is only part of the equation (and one of the other ones, awarding stars to each previewed episodes, relies on hardware. It doesn't work on my phone). I came to register my disappointment that this season's poll went up on Yom Kippur and was done before the holiday was over, but there are always people who miss the poll because of various time and time zone issues beyond their control, and it will be beneficial to most readers to increase the time the poll is up by a day or two. Thank you.
Jhechav

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I follow the site on an RSS feed so I never miss the poll.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4