• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Gamers!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
If you start quoting Skyrim, you are going to get a response from me.

I've never played Skyrim, only know the meme, which was the first thing I thought of when I saw the dart in his knee. Smile So I don't know the actual quote you adapted.

Oh, okay. The quote you made was in reference to the "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee", a quote guards in Skyrim especially earlier would say on a too often basis.
What I said was in reference to the line "What's the matter? Can't stand the sight of a strong Nord Woman?", something a particular female character says in I think trying to assert her dominance, which I thought might be fitting in how Karen was dominating.

I might have poured somewhere around 600 hours into that game.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 am Reply with quote
Okay, last week it was funny, but in the first half of this ep. the repetitive misunderstandings started to annoy me and i caught myself thinking "not that again..." more than once.

The date was nice, though. The awkwardness reminded me a bit of Tsurezure Children and i liked how they could still have fun gaming together, despite their different approach to it.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
Yeah, a little too much living in their heads and not actually paying attention to what was going on around them going on. "I know what is going on! What did you say? I couldn't hear you because I wasn't paying attention even though I'm talking to you and sitting right next to you. Oh, well, it's not important, because *I know what is going on*." I agree with the others that this sort of thing is wearing out -- more like has worn out -- it's welcome. It was pretty funny at first, but now it's time to move on.

I did like the date once they got past Chiaki's "helping" of her "enemy", and I especially liked the way it ended. The splashing game (and the reasons for it) was pretty funny, too. I also still think that Aguri is probably the wisest of the cast, and she constantly gives Kieta good advice. It's too bad she's not as observant with her own relationship.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Otherwise a question that I still have is why exactly does Keita even like in Kairen? He like that she's dedicated, but that apply to plenty of people.

He likes cute blondes and she's a cute blonde.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm also starting to get mildly tired of all the misunderstandings. I'm still greatly enjoying this show but at this point I'm hoping that they start clearing up all these misunderstandings in these next few episodes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I think that is it, they have created this misunderstanding, now they should work through them. At least Keita had the balls to not try and drop the relationship and actually try to push it forward, and I think it will be between Aguri and Tasuku to actually communicate. And I think Chiaki expressed that she would like to be friends with Karen, so hopefully these relationships can find a more stable position.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed that we're still in the misunderstanding phase of things, it does feel like last week development was kinda pointless and it's a bit too much cliche.

At least the last scene wasn't ruined by misunderstanding... But it may be another false hope to the start of resolving all of those misinterpretations.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:46 am Reply with quote
Really liked the date and I'm glad that Keita didn't withdraw his confession. Now just need more from the Tasuku/Aguri romance as they (hopefully) talk to each other.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
There were some good spaces on the game board that they didn't read. My favorite was the one that said "Failed 50 interviews in a row. You become emotionally hurt. Lose a turn"
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Keita noted that he only has 2 friends online, MONO and Nobe. I'm PRETTY sure he's going to find out that Chiaki is BOTH of them. I'm not sure yet what to think about Chiaki's sister. When the episode started I was thinking the LAST thing this show needs atm is ANOTHER girl added to the mix, and if they make any effort to push her interest in Keita, I'll maintain that opinion.
FlierFin663

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Paul Jensen wrote:
The comparison between her and Karen feels arbitrary; they go to different schools and participate in completely unrelated activities, so it seems unlikely that Konoha would see Karen as a rival.

Considering the rest of the scene sets her up to fall in love with Amano, it sounds like her narration may be coming from the future - with the thing she lost to Karen at likely being Amano's affection.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many people will pick up the fact that Konoha and co attend the same school as the Seitokai no Ichizon MC's. Both series were written by the same guy too.
青白

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
My god has this anime derailed! It started off with some excellent commentaries about purpose of gaming and social interaction between gamers, but now it turned into some romantic comedy that has NOTHING to do with gaming. When will the show ever turn its attention back to video games?
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed that the show lamp-shades the ridiculousness of Chiaki's situation (by having Chiaki explain the cliche and profess her hatred for it), but then goes full-tilt into the "love triangle" problem anyway.
2B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame that Gamers decided to continue beating a dead horse that is the oh so funny misunderstanding schtick. Not only is it lazy writing at this point, but it's also taken the charm out of its main characters which was arguably the show's strongest attribute. What started as a surprisingly fun romcom devolved into another dumb light novel plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7