• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Shaman King Anime's 2nd Video Reveals Opening Song, 2 Cast Members, April 1 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TemplateR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
As far as I know Violet Evergarden was the only anime that premiered a new episode each week. I wish Shaman King could be simulcasted/dubbed as well, but I don't think they're interested in that model.

The funny thing is, that Netflix simulcasts some asia-series (mostly from korean) weekly and only in sub-version.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:51 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
I worry the lack of simulcast will be to Shaman King's detriment. But maybe if we're lucky this will convince Netflix to adapt a simulcast model?

In any case, I'm going to take advantage of the wait and watch the original series.

I see your original series and raise you the Kodansha omnibus reprints.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 am Reply with quote
Quite the surprise for Netflix to acquire streaming rights to Shaman King, I was expecting Funimation or Crunchyroll to get this series like everyone else mentioned.

I do hope this series gets dubbed at Studiopolis, VSI LA or SDI Media over Bang Zoom!, because I'm just tired of EVERY anime series being outsourced to that studio and will reuse the same folks these past 5-6 years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4