• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds A Channel, Un-Go Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet A Channel I hope that one get dubbed

It's like you copy/paste the same thing every single time Sentai licences something and just fill in the blank with the title.

Plus, it's not like Sentai rarely dubs anime into English anymore. It's almost standard for them to do so now. They're also going back and dubbing some of their older titles into English. Back when they were a "new" company, it was understandable since they didn't have as much money, and couldn't really afford it. Now that they're more fleshed out, they can license and dub more stuff, so they can make even more money (even they realize that sub-only DVDs don't usually make as much money, but if you put less money into the product, then you have less to loose). MY POINT: I'm pretty sure they're dubbing Un-Go. As for A Channel, it's "possible". Sentai has dubbed quite a few things that I would consider "niche".
lilly_938

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
YuruYuri would be awesome, but my wish is that they pick up Saki since the same team that did A Channel also did Saki. Sentai is pretty much Saki's only hope at getting licensed.
^This! Come on SENTAI!!!
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
[quote="PurpleWarrior13"]
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet A Channel I hope that one get dubbed

It's like you copy/paste the same thing every single time Sentai licences something and just fill in the blank with the title.[quote]

Pretty much. But it's not worth waisting your time. He pops up, doesn't read any other posts, posts this same line, then never reads the threads again.

This is the same thing he posts on just about every anime announcement from any company that doesn't dub everything.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
The Coffee God wrote:
Considering Siren just announced a DVD release for it for Feb. it's probably already licensed (or will be soon), just not announced yet.
http://www.facebook.com/sirenvisual/posts/233855080011675

That doesn't really help me, seeing as my DVD/Bluray player can only play region 1 and 2 DVDs. It's an option, at least, but I really need to be sure whichever new DVD/Bluray player I choose to invest in in the future can play ALL region discs instead of just some.

....I guess if any European readers out there have any brand suggestions that's easy to make region free and has a Bluray player in it to boot, I'd be more than happy to accept a few.

He wasn't suggesting that you import the Australian version. He was simply stating that the fact that Siren has licensed it increases the likelyhood that US company has alreadylicensed it or will do so shortly.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
This is great, never expected A Channel to get licensed! Great example of cute girls doing cute things with no plot, but somehow it was very enjoyable. I think what did it for me was that the friendships rang true so the sweet moments actually had some poignancy. The music was catchy and used in the right places. Guess I have to go delete my fansubs now.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with the other show, but Un-Go, huh? Surprising considering how lukewarm the response to that show has been. The designwork is nice though, so maybe if the show picks up a bit I'll buy it.

neocloud9 wrote:

Still waiting on Heroman... You'd think that one would be a no-brainer, right?

Yes please, I've been waiting to throw my money at whoever would release this!
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
*sigh*

Sentai licenses another slice-of-life moe show that isn't Manabi Straight....

That would be awesome if Sentai licensed Manabi Straight. I'm glad they got A-Channel and I'm hoping they'll dub it.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
lilly_938 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
YuruYuri would be awesome, but my wish is that they pick up Saki since the same team that did A Channel also did Saki. Sentai is pretty much Saki's only hope at getting licensed.
^This! Come on SENTAI!!!

Given Sentai's track records with shows with soft-yuri shows like Maria Holic, Blue Drop, Koihime Musou, Uta~Kata (and to a lesser extent, You're Under Arrest and Hidamari Sketch), odds are that deal is already signed, and they're simply waiting to announce it. I know I'd buy it anyway. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scormio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:
lilly_938 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
^This! Come on SENTAI!!!

Given Sentai's track records with shows with soft-yuri shows like Maria Holic, Blue Drop, Koihime Musou, Uta~Kata (and to a lesser extent, You're Under Arrest and Hidamari Sketch), odds are that deal is already signed, and they're simply waiting to announce it. I know I'd buy it anyway. Smile

Don't forget, A Channel, you know, the show they just licensed. Though most of the yuri content is more implied undertones than any blatant yuri.
aereus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
The only implied yuri undertones in A Channel is what's in your own head IMHO Smile

Tooru is very possessive of her friend, but I never once got the feeling that it was in a sexual way. Merely a childish possessiveness. None of the other characters even come close to that, really.

Watch Yuru Yuri for implied and not so implied yuri undertones Wink I was initially like "oh great another ridiculous yuri fanservice show", but late into the season I finally watched a few episodes when bored and it's surprisingly cute.

Being Akarin is suffering.
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
He wasn't suggesting that you import the Australian version. He was simply stating that the fact that Siren has licensed it increases the likelyhood that US company has alreadylicensed it or will do so shortly.

Ah, my bad.

Anyway, that's good, then.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
fireaxe wrote:
lilly_938 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
^This! Come on SENTAI!!!

Don't forget, A Channel, you know, the show they just licensed. Though most of the yuri content is more implied undertones than any blatant yuri.

I haven't watched it yet so I wouldn't know, but yeah might as well add it to the list! And it seems like it could be a series I will enjoy (I'm a massive HidaSketch fan, so I do enjoy that kind of slice-of-life), I'll definitely consider pre-ordering it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scormio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:

I haven't watched it yet so I wouldn't know, but yeah might as well add it to the list! And it seems like it could be a series I will enjoy (I'm a massive HidaSketch fan, so I do enjoy that kind of slice-of-life), I'll definitely consider pre-ordering it.

If you like Hidamari you'll definitely like A Channel. It's in the same slice-of-lifey vein.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4