• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden's Main English Dubbing Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Well i don't disagree with you Emerje,however those hardcore fans and those antidubbers would want naruto's older voice to be change,and if there's any edits no matter how small it is they'll just compare it to another 4kids clone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
I agree Malie knows how to nail naruto just when most people think she won't. And her naruto in nine tails mode is perfect cause her voice has a certain grit to it. And yes it is darker but not that bad that it can't be slightly edited on Cn. They showed Kabuto take his heart out, Sauske spitting blood on naruto, they kept mostly everthing intact expect for swears which are on the uncut dvd's.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Well i don't disagree with you Emerje,however those hardcore fans and those antidubbers would want naruto's older voice to be change,and if there's any edits no matter how small it is they'll just compare it to another 4kids clone.

Heh, I am a hardcore fan, I've watched every episode fansubed and then what's been released on Cartoon Network and uncut. I've read every chapter of the manga as scanlations and what's been printed in Shonen Jump. But I'm also a realist, I admit that not every voice on the dub is perfect, but a lot of them are. And people who complain about edits are obviously watching the wrong version of the show. "Anti-dubbers" shouldn't even complain, the dub isn't for them.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Heh, I am a hardcore fan, I've watched every episode fansubed and then what's been released on Cartoon Network and uncut. I've read every chapter of the manga as scanlations and what's been printed in Shonen Jump. But I'm also a realist, I admit that not every voice on the dub is perfect, but a lot of them are. And people who complain about edits are obviously watching the wrong version of the show. "Anti-dubbers" shouldn't even complain, the dub isn't for them.

Emerje

True,but thanks to 4kids, people in those times go straight to fansubs which isn't the real thing anyways.Not to mention they think every edited dub series are from 4kids.

Kinda sad the're not willing to give these dub the BOTD.It will seriously help the legal system if they did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
True,but thanks to 4kids, people in those times go straight to fansubs which isn't the real thing anyways.Not to mention they think every edited dub series are from 4kids.

Kinda sad the're not willing to give these dub the BOTD.It will seriously help the legal system if they did.

So we're blaming 4Kids for fansubs' rampant popularity now? That's a new one for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5