• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Mixed Martial Hearts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
First of all, I'm loving this photograhy discussion! I'm a huge amateur with my Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80 (film, it actually uses film!) But I love taking good pictures (I'm that gal at the wedding that sneaks up to the bride and groom and steps over the photographers equipment just to get a good shot! Laughing)

I want to upgrade to a digital, and I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any more photograhy and/or camera picking advice, pm me!

Bamboo, I wish you hadn't mentioned bass fishing. I have a paranoid feeling that moe fishing anime will be the *Next Big Thing* soon because some anime producer somewhere is looking for ideas. If it comes to pass, you totally get all the blame! Wink

I'm glad no one came to the forums to defend Martial Hearts. When I read the review Ithought "uh-oh, this show probably has some huge fans that'll chew up Bamboo." Thank goodness it's that bad (I almost feel bad for Funi. What were they thinking?!) Razz

I'm glad Bamboo's still around to sub. This was a fun column!

Erin, I'm upset that I missed you @ Otakon. Looking forwartd to your column next week!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Initial D is indeed shelf worthy.
interstellarjosh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote
It was really refreshing to be able to read your column again Bamboo!

You are an excellent writer and our tastes in anime usually match...I wish you were still writing Shelf Life!!!

Last edited by interstellarjosh on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
solb43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quote
Lol...as for Mitsudomoe...take it from a guy who's taught Japanese 6th graders before they can get REALLY rowdy and raunchy; the guys and the girls. Too many comic examples come to mind and I won't repeat some of the really bad stuff they've said to me or crazy ass questions they've asked.

Here's a really tame story...there's a 15 minute cleaning period after lunch where the kids all clean the school...I'm sure you guys know about it...Well one girl (and this is a twelve-year old mind you) called my name and goes "Hey! Hey! Look at me! I'm peeing!" Then she grabbed a bottle of floor cleaner, stuck it between her thighs, and squeezed and cleaning fluid rained down all over the floor. I can go on and on about things like this.

Also there's not always a firm disciplinary system in place as the kids are trusted to govern their own behavior more often than not. Without getting really complicated it depends on the homeroom teacher of the class. If the kids have a teacher they dislike or think is too timid, they'll walk all over them. Like I said, it depends on the teacher. I've worked with teachers that crack the whip and I've worked with teachers that completely ignore any inappropriate behavior...and when that happens the kids go nuts!

Of course the show is way more exaggerated but there's a certain truth to it. The characters even dress in a similar way that my students do albeit with a more "anime" flair.
dchriz01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 am Reply with quote
I have a Canon D550 (12 megapixel) that I very much love. I'm a die hard fan of Canon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5