• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Status Check

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Any chance of Tales of Graces F retaining the Japanese voices? With today's technology, there's just no excuse not to. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Seriously. If NISA does it for PS2 Games, there's no reason Bamco should exclude the JP track on a BD.

In fact, Bamco needs to use the Atlus/NISA/XSEED method of marketing and production when it comes to games like Tales.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:
Any chance of Tales of Graces F retaining the Japanese voices? With today's technology, there's just no excuse not to. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Seriously. If NISA does it for PS2 Games, there's no reason Bamco should exclude the JP track on a BD.

In fact, Bamco needs to use the Atlus/NISA/XSEED method of marketing and production when it comes to games like Tales.

A good point, but Tales games contain a considerable amount more spoken dialogue then most games, especially NIS's output, and especially when you take into account all the skits they have.

I admit that I really don't know that much about BDs, about how much space one can hold, or the encoding process, but I wouldn't be surprised if dual-audio maybe be just too much time and money then it's worth.

EDIT!: Okay, just checked. A single-layer Blu-ray can hold 25-gigs and an iso for ToGf is about 7 GB, so yeah, I guess space isn't an issue. Still like I said, I don't know anything about the process so yeah.

Although let me personally say that I really don't care whether or not ToGf gets dual-audio or not, just as long as I can play it! Tales games tend to have pretty good dubs anyways.

...and anyone who refuses to buy ToGf just because it doesn't have a japanese track deserves to be slapped! Laughing
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Ranma824 wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:

A good point, but Tales games contain a considerable amount more spoken dialogue then most games, especially NIS's output, and especially when you take into account all the skits they have.

I admit that I really don't know that much about BDs, about how much space one can hold, or the encoding process, but I wouldn't be surprised if dual-audio maybe be just too much time and money then it's worth.

EDIT!: Okay, just checked. A single-layer Blu-ray can hold 25-gigs and an iso for ToGf is about 7 GB, so yeah, I guess space isn't an issue. Still like I said, I don't know anything about the process so yeah.

Although let me personally say that I really don't care whether or not ToGf gets dual-audio or not, just as long as I can play it! Tales games tend to have pretty good dubs anyways.

...and anyone who refuses to buy ToGf just because it doesn't have a japanese track deserves to be slapped! Laughing

Edit: removed redundant info said in ignorance.

At any rate, I picked up Tales of Graces for the PS3 right here in Japan!!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5