• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Captain Earth (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Their "shoot stuff," "blow stuff up," and redundancy training may be lacking, but the "get the eff out of that vehicle!" drills of the security forces must be the best in the world.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Their "shoot stuff," "blow stuff up," and redundancy training may be lacking, but the "get the eff out of that vehicle!" drills of the security forces must be the best in the world.

Hehe yeah, they do that so they it doesn't look like anyone died in the vehicle, ignoring that it take multiple person to operate them. Of course the security force seems amazingly incompetent in every way, so it wouldn't be a surprise that they have one guy constantly switch between driving and shooting.

On another note, my "teppei is this show Kaworu" theory is becoming more and more true. I expect we'll start hearing about Daichi's mom in a few episode.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 4:

That's a pretty big vehicle to make spoiler[crepe] with. As far as the episode, I think a lot of people spoiler[underestimate Akari. With what she did against the virus, it's safe to say that she is pretty damn useful for a character on any team or mission.]

OST was decent as usual and thanks to Akari, we also get more comedy in the form of spoiler[BELLY BUTTON FORTE! Oh God, I replayed like scene like 3 times.]

Yeah, Akari's great. Smile

DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 3

Yeah I am liking this main cast, none of them seem to mopey, or even out to try and make each other miserable. Almost feels strange to have characters in a mecha get along without some crazy emotional scene. I am liking the "magical girl", especially going at her father at his possible relationship.

Yeah, it's really nice to see.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Watched up to episode 4 and unless this show starts to get interesting fast I'm seriously considering dropping it. It's certainly well made and there's nothing that I actively hate, but everything just so bland and uninteresting. So far it's just been loads of characters spouting Mysterious English and meaningless battles where no-one ever gets hurt, but no reason to care about any of it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah things are getting rather formulaic now. We've got Daichi just kind of spouting cheesy lines about friendship and Amara and Moco might as well be Jessie and James since each episode has basically had them being foiled.

And here they try to capture Pikachu........I mean Teppei only to fail once again. I don't really understand why Amara gave up after Daichi took out one arm though. Afterwards he passed out and there is no way anyone was going to shoot at them since both Teppei and Daichi were nearby. Plus Moco had a gun as well. They could have easily forced him to come on board.

Or maybe he has one of those warrior personalities but that scene confused me.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
That's a pretty big vehicle to make spoiler[crepe] with.
If a girl who looked like that was manning the shop I imagine they'd need that much space to to carry the barrels and barrels of ingredient they'll need for all the customers she'll attract.

This was totally the best ep so far for me. Despite the extra info, some touching moments, Pitz being cute and not annoying, the aliens doing good, Akari kicking ass in her own special ways (both in base and on the porch) and some hilariously inept soldiers the ep was missing the one thing that was holding the show down for me. YAY!

I hope he ate a poisoned crepe.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

I feel I am being very negative about the shows I have watched today but I will carry on this trend. Todays episode for me stank of cheese. Everything that happened and everything that was said just felt so underwhelming because it could be seen from a mile off. spoiler[Hiding in the capsules] surprised me as I thought they would have gone for the spoiler["they are casing us through this tunnel"] thrill but I'm glad they didn't.

I am glad that they avoided the spoiler["I am your father"] line Laughing

I also manager to over look the fact that spoiler[Akari was able to go into space without any training by thinking "its the future, they must have developed anti G-force systems" as well as Teppie's father being able to walk after waking from, what I guess to be an exstended period of hibernation by saying to myself "its the future, they must have developed anti muscle deterioration formulas" and guessed that his father changed his spacesuit because I guess he would be dead if he but the one with the bullet hole back on.]

I hope to be more positive about the next episode; I do dislike being negative but this show makes it very hard for me not to be
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meiam

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I kinda have to agree, this episode felt like they wanted it to be a big emotional one but it just felt flat, and once emotion/drama aren't clouding our judgment this episode made absolutely no sense. spoiler[Sending Teppei was literally the worse possible decision (like most of there decision in this episode), they really didn't have anybody else who could have driven the space ship there? Why didn't they just radio control room when they found out about the spy coming in? Why did the target give himself up, there in friendly territory under no danger, they didn't need to run away right this instant? How come it took so long for control room to find out about them, people firing gun in the space station didn't trip any alarm? Even the "hiding in bed" part, made sense at first till you realize there under cold sleep, so those bed must be crazy cold, and if they turn off the things they would still be cold and they would have awoken the person in it, plus it didn't accomplish anything that closing the hatch wouldn't have done.]

More and more this show feel like it's less than the sum of it's part. The character are likable, outside the glass dude (who's just a poor character, not a good bad character), I'm surprise at how much I actually like Daichi considering I usually hate the MC in mech show. It's very good visually. But nothing really come together that well, I don't feel like the organization there working on is some huge one full of mystery, I just feel like there a bunch of incompetent. The show still hasn't really explain what's going on, and it's starting to feel like it's because it itself doesn't know and it's just hoping it'll all work out. It's still a good show, but I still feel like it's only because they had a big budget rather than because the people working on it are competent.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I kinda have to agree, this episode felt like they wanted it to be a big emotional one but it just felt flat, and once emotion/drama aren't clouding our judgment this episode made absolutely no sense. spoiler[Sending Teppei was literally the worse possible decision (like most of there decision in this episode), they really didn't have anybody else who could have driven the space ship there?]

The whole purpose of spoiler[ Teppei going was so that he could meet his father and thus feel more human, especially after the realization that he's connected to the Kiltgang.]

Quote:
spoiler[Why didn't they just radio control room when they found out about the spy coming in?]

It was a secret mission.

Quote:
spoiler[Why did the target give himself up, there in friendly territory under no danger, they didn't need to run away right this instant?]

Same as above and spoiler[the guy was bleeding after being shot and he wanted to protect Teppei.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious to see some of Akari's back story soon from the series tbh. She's one of the reasons that keeps me entertained while watching this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm curious to see some of Akari's back story soon from the series tbh. She's one of the reasons that keeps me entertained while watching this series.

Yup.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:

The whole purpose of spoiler[ Teppei going was so that he could meet his father and thus feel more human, especially after the realization that he's connected to the Kiltgang.]

It was a secret mission.

Same as above and spoiler[the guy was bleeding after being shot and he wanted to protect Teppei.]

If the purpose was spoiler[for Teppei to meet the guy they could have just waited for him to come back after the mission was a success], unless even the commander agree that all the member of his organization (outside Akari) are useless and correctly predicted it would fail, which would be pretty pathetic.

spoiler[But as soon as the guy gave himself up they immediately went to Akari mom and told her and suffered no repercussion whatsoever, why keep it secret then?]
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the whole operation was just so mindboglingly stupid Anime dazed. spoiler[The commander even pretty much admits that he expected them to fail, meaning that he put everyone involved at risk (including HIS OWN DAUGHTER) just so Teppei might have a chance to meet his dad.]

Even so, at least we got some more explanations, so I'm willing to give this show a few more episodes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
Well Teppei was spoiler[having trouble feeling where he belonged, and based on his abilities, how much they can keep him stable and increase their loyalty would be a boon their goal]. Teppei's abilities don't fit within the spoiler[organisation set up of a military organisation, it can only build unhappiness and resentment. Helping the guy who can pilot an alien craft rather than forcing him is a better idea, no reason to make them go Shinji].

And his daughter had been trying to show that she is able, she was perfect for the mission in a couple ways. And yeah she did have her own reasons to go.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
phia_one wrote:

It was a secret mission.

If the purpose was spoiler[for Teppei to meet the guy they could have just waited for him to come back after the mission was a success], unless even the commander agree that all the member of his organization (outside Akari) are useless and correctly predicted it would fail, which would be pretty pathetic.

It stated later in the episode that spoiler[ the Commander kinda figured that it would fail, regardless of who he sent. That's why he just had Teppei go directly instead of missing the opportunity which was the entire point of it in the first place.]

Quote:
spoiler[But as soon as the guy gave himself up they immediately went to Akari mom and told her and suffered no repercussion whatsoever, why keep it secret then?]

spoiler[They didn't really have any choice at that point since the command center started to realize that something was going on like the fact that a space shuttle left prematurely and destroyed some equipment. They told her mom after the fact. It wouldn't have worked if they said, "Hey, we're here to see Teppei's dad. You mind letting us do that?" as soon as they got there.][/spoiler]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10