• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara!!×2 (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Biker guys taking over Dollars turf.]
Poor Shizuo got spoiler[framed good.
Looks like Masaomi was right to stay away from Dollars.]

Evenspoiler[ Shinra] got dragged into Shizuo's mess.
spoiler[Celty's narration parts in Mikado's scenes] were kinda nice.
Mikado kinda spoiler[became the big boss...
Cetly was pretty cool with her rescue]
operation ^^
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode what?

This was so weird... All the build-up and tension from the last episode, and now spoiler[Shizuo's struggle doesn't matter, Rocchi's members don't fight that much because they feel bad fighting with undefense members (kudos), and Aoba and Mikado's choice is in the air without relation to what is happening later...]

... and then all ends up with spoiler[the yakuzas beating the motorbikers because the latter ones couldn't say "we want the boy!" instead of "we want that brat!", and Mikado, Anri, Celty and Akane run in a shadow chariot pursued by Varona and Sloan.]

What the flying hell?! This is so weird and changing that I don't even know what to think or even whether to be excited about the rest of it. Head-scratching to its fullest.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
For me, this is the point in a typical Durarara narrative where I just hop in the headless horse-drawn carriage, strap in, and enjoy the ride. Very Happy I know I'll never guess the destination until I'm taken there, but the scenery is exciting along the way.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

I think I just figured out who hired the assassins. They got them to go after spoiler[both Anri and Celty, and despite what she said about it being a different contract, they also wanted to get the girl kidnapped]. It was not until she said that all three people were targets that I figured out this person probably spoiler[wanted this situation where the mafia are turning on the bike gang]. To do this they had to do this they needed spoiler[Anri to be with the little girl, for Celty to save Mikado and lead the bikers]. It looks like it all goes back to spoiler[Izaya who really did manipulate everything again, he is the one that put attack for Celty and Anri, because he knew they would fail and lead to this coming situation].
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:01 am Reply with quote
I've just finished watching episodes 8 and 9 in which both had moments of greatness but parts of both fell flat. Each characters indervisual stories intertwine well but I do find it can be jarring at times, for example there was no mention of the impending fight outside the girls school from episode 8.

I do wonder what the point of Kida is this season, he is one of my favorite characters in this series but spoiler[he's done nothing so far and what I'm guessing he will make some kind of save at the end of the series.... Yay Rolling Eyes ].

I'm not sure how I feel about this season, there are parts that I love and I'm behind most of the characters but there is something, that I can't put my finger on, that keeps my judgement very reserved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lovely

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
To explain without spoilers:
This arc is the most "Narita-ish" of all the Durarara novels so far. Narita likes to throw a bunch of seemingly unrelated plots and set ups together, mix it all up, and then let it clash wonderfully at the end. (A "Baccano" you might say Wink .)

So, ya know, even if you're confused now, stick with it.
Though, to be fair, The anime often-times not taking advantage of the anime medium is also an issue at times. (though as someone mentioned, if you'd rather marathon this arc later once it's done, that's okay too! And might even work better for ya.)

Aaaaaaanyways, as I mentioned in another thread. OH MY GOD THE BUDGET HAS RETURNED. Characters who are supposed to be cute or cool ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO. And move! In gloriously animated ways! HUZZAH!

Seriously. The way 7 and 8 looked was so damned shameful.

.....Sorry, this really is my favorite arc in the books, so I feel passionate about it. Heh, heh.

Anyhooooo......
spoiler[ The little-kid Dollars members were so adorable. They can't fight, but their stares-of-cuteness was pretty great Anime hyper . ]
Welkin Gunther

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:41 am Reply with quote
I used to watch DRRR!! and have decided that I won't bother watching anymore anime with non-sequential series of events, again. The exposition does not lead to a denouncement or resolution in this series. The plot structure in this anime is wack.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
^
I don't suppose that you would care to elaborate on what you wrote -- assuming, of course, that you actually meant any of the ideas that you committed to pixels.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Good episode overall. spoiler[I thought Akane's background story is interesting although not very pleasant. Izaya also proves himself as a crafty individual with his words and influence.]

And the spoiler[cat and mouse game continues involving Celty. Anyways, good developments. Curious to see Vorona's next move as well.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I hope spoiler[this is the last bridge episode] having in mind there's only 2 episodes left. spoiler[It's constantly changing of focus and clashes, which would be fine if it'd keep the sense of urgency and tension, but no, it goes too calmed and relaxed despite all that is happening.]

I guess this arc would be more enjoyable if you see it on a marathon instead of week-by-week.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Akane's side of the story.]
It all started so innocently..
The truth came out soon enough.
Guess that's when everything changed for her..
Of course spoiler[Izaya] had to mess things up even more.
Things are starting to unfold!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
I liked Shooter's spoiler[cartoon like head].
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Overall this was an enjoyable episode though it feel like this cour isn't in any hurry to wrap up which is slightly concerning when there is only 3 more episodes (I believe) to tie up a lot of intertwined stories; unless some of the more imbedded elements of the story carry on through to the second or even third cour.

Anyways back to episode 10. Akane's past wasbt too excessive which was refreshing but damn did she make a huge mistake spoiler[trusting Izaya as you know he's going to use the information she gave him against the Yakuza]. other than that this episode was fairly tame and there wasn't too much progression which was a shame.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Good episode overall with the action although spoiler[I don't like the fact that some of the runaway Dollar members takes hostages to get what they want. And Vorona again makes her move as well.]

I felt bad for spoiler[Mikado] for getting involved in this though. I know he is trying to help others but sometimes, I wonder if it's worth getting so much trouble. Looking forward to finale of the first cour~
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Kadota in a fight.
That's not something we often get to see.
Mikado seeing at first hand just what free reign for Dollars members means.
Akane soon to be reunited with her real home... or not.
Izaya cooked up trouble for everyone..
Sonohara to Mikado's rescue... that kid sure is useless in a fight.
Wonder what final episode is gonna look like..]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 14