• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: 91 Days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Revelations and plot related content aside (all of which was handled very well), the OST and direction in this episode was on point. The tone and atmosphere throughout was pitch-perfect, and I enjoyed every second of it. Yes, the actual animation was shoddy, but when the rest of the production is this polished, I'm willing to forgive some off-model shenanigans.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Don Vanetti looks like the love child of Brock Samson and Dr. Orpheus. Very Happy
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:52 am Reply with quote
This episode finally came to close to what i've been wanting from this series all along. I loved how the tension was palpable during the family meeting or Angelo's and Nero's dinner and you really didn't know what would happen. Those off-model faces were aweful, though...

Now i wonder what Ganzo's motive might be. Is he simply using Angelo in order to become Don or is there more to it? And there seems to be a huge death flag on poor Balbero now, not only is he the last loyal man in Nero's inner circle, he's also been getting increasingly suspicious of Angelo...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
Those off-model faces were aweful, though...
Hopefully that will be fixed in the DVD/Blu-Ray release. So when we get the western release, we will get a slightly better looking version.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Avilio has had a character arc, albeit one that's played out obliquely. He's grown from wanting revenge against the individuals who personally wronged him into an embodiment of karmic retribution against gangsterism as a whole. At least, that's how I see it.

Well, that's an...intertesting interpretation , even though i don't exactly share it. I don't see any character development for Angelo, to be honest. Revenge is his only reason for living and he's willing to see it through until the/his bitter end, no matter the cost. I don't see any sort of "ulterior motive" at play here, but we'll find out soon enough...

Ganzo's motivation was as boring as they gets and i wonder why he believes he'll actually get out of this alive. Is he just dumb or does he still have an ace up his sleeve?

And am i the only one who found Corteo's attachement to Angelo borderline obsessive? It wasn't very healthy at the very least...quite literally.
tehhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:37 am Reply with quote
since there is a percentage who watch this series expecting a homo bait (fujoshi/danshi), you gotta sell them some of that

corteo's fate is his own idiocy, i know why he try to kill nero through fango, but what's the point in doing that? the reason is of course to stop avillio killing other innocent people, but did he have to be such an idiot who didn't believe avillio on whatever he gonna do, after 7 episode in?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:01 am Reply with quote
Is the Don dying of Consumption?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
And am i the only one who found Corteo's attachement to Angelo borderline obsessive? It wasn't very healthy at the very least...quite literally.

Am I the only one who thinks Corteo may still be alive? Remember when Ganzo tossed Angelo a bag of bullets? They could easily have been dummy bullets. Angelo and Corteo were the only two in the room when the shot was fired. It would be easy to stage the death and with Ganzo's help, carry the ruse out. I'm not 100% convinced this is what happened, but I think it's a possibility.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Merida wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Corteo may still be alive?

No idea. But why would Angelo hallucinate ghost!Corteo half of this ep. if the real thing was actually alive?

But more importantly, who the f*ck is Strega? Have we met him before or did he just appear out of nowhere to somehow become an important character in the final episode?
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they burn down Avilio's childhood home?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Gabriella, re Battery wrote:
At least it's full of 12-year-olds punching each other. Now that's something I can get behind.

Gabriella wrote:
That's all I want out of this finale – bloody, bleeding, blood-red pathos. With extra blood.

So, Gabriella. How's it going? You seem awfully bloodthirsty lately. Anything we can do to help? Laughing

Did anyone else think Del Toro kinda vaguely looked like Benicio sans beard? Very Happy His character design just seemed to stand out from the rest of the minions.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they burn down Avilio's childhood home?

No, his old house wasn't burnt down.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Looks pretty burnt to me.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
So spoiler[I'm guessing Avilio died and the reason we didn't see his body on the beach was because it got washed out into the ocean? His footprints weren't seen going on so maybe this happened.]
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
So spoiler[I'm guessing Avilio died and the reason we didn't see his body on the beach was because it got washed out into the ocean? His footprints weren't seen going on so maybe this happened.]

Maybe it's a "Footprints in the Sand" situation and Nero carried him the rest of the way.

spoiler[But yeah, Avilio's dead. By the end, he was such an empty vessel, and ultimately he just wished he would have been killed back when he was a kid like the rest of his family. Nero probably met his end soon after, anyway, unless he changed his identity. With the Vanetti family all but wiped out, maybe the Galassias won't even bother to look for him. And I think Nero is done with that life, anyway.]

The big winner in all this is Strega Galassia. But it's not like Avilio was going to be able to wipe out the entire mob.

A more personal, understated conclusion, but a good one nevertheless. I enjoyed this series immensely. It's an 8/10.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7