• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hillary Clinton Campaign Targets Potential Voters at Pokémon Go Locations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Miwako42 wrote:

The "Affordable Care Act" caused many people, myself included, to lose our health insurance. For me personally, this meant buying a plan at three times the cost of what I was paying before.

Likely because your insurance had issues with it that made in incompatible with the healthcare law.

Miwako42 wrote:
Then when people complained about it Democrats dismissed us as racist or told us that we wanted to take away women's free birth control.

If you weren't apart of the click that was buying into "The Obama's A Muslim" rhetoric or spitting on some of the black lawmakers that helped pass the law you weren't a racist.

Miwako42 wrote:
I've been voting Republican lately simply because I want someone to turn off the money faucet that I can't afford. But I can't vote for Trump. So I'm voting for Gary Johnson, who wants to keep Republicans out of your bedroom and Democrats out of your wallet. That's something I can get behind!

Won't be Gary Johnson though for pretty obvious reasons.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Alright this thread has gone OT in so many ways. Let's watch it and stay on the ridiculous topic itself.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
Foxaika wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Then you don't let Pokémon Go interfere with when it's time to walk into the polling booths.

Fair enough. If I feel it's worth my time I will go vote. Living in Ohio during election time is frustrating though. Constant bombardment and it only gets worse and worse. Things like Pokémon Go are a nice distraction from it all.

I live just across the border in Pennsylvania, and I can't totally relate. Every election cycle we get bombarded with election commercials, and it will probably be worse this year as polls show we are a "battleground state" this year. For Trump to have any shot at the White House, he pretty much has to win PA and OH, so the commercials are already getting bad. Hulu use to be a nice way to avoid the political attack ads, but they've finally spread to online streaming as well. I guess it's time to go commercial free...lol

And I think I will be using Pokemon GO as one of my distractions as well.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Sleipmon4 wrote:
I wish people would shut up about Pokemon GO already.

I agree. Though Nintendo has gotten a lot of success from it, recognizing the negatives of it should also be mentioned in the news nearly as much.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:08 pm Reply with quote
^ I wouldn't call people being irresponsible while playing the game as being negatives worth covering.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5