• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NDK Announcement: Anime News Network and Protoculture Addicts Join Forces!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:04 am Reply with quote
CrackaJax wrote:
The more money I contribute, the quicker its in color, rite?
I'm not so sure that PA being produced in color is such a necessary thing. I've been reading PA (on and off) for 8 years and I've always found it to be perhaps the most informative anime mag out there. No offense meant here but, to me, PA has always been "all substance and no style" which isn't a bad thing by any means.

As for finding PA, if you are lucky enough to have a Tower records near where you live, you may be able to find it there. The Tower records here in Denver is where I first discovered this amazing magazine and they still sell it.

Again, as I stated at NDK, congrats to all the ANNites. You couldn't have picked a better magazine.

Oh, and thanks to you, Claude, for sticking it out and producing something worthwhile. 18 years?!! Amazing.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I can find it at the Mile High Comics on Colorado Blv.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, this makes me happy.

ICv2 wrote:
While it does not have the circulation numbers of some of the more recent anime magazines, readers of Protoculture Addicts, which Claude J. Pelletier has edited from Montreal since 1988, are familiar with the unbiased, in-depth coverage of anime by writers who are not only extremely knowledgeable, but also possessed with a real love for the medium and the desire to create a more informed anime fan base. With the additional staff and resources of the Anime News Network on board, the A.N.N. Protoculture Addicts will be even more of a "must-read" item for anyone interested in anime. Not all anime fans will get the Robotech reference in the magazine's title, but they should definitely check out the new Protoculture Addicts to find out why this magazine has endured and gained the respect of longtime supporters of Japanese animation.
LordRobin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't believe this! I'm already a writer for Protoculture Addicts!!

I'm digging through stuff, preparing to move, when I find a copy of PA #15, Nov-Dec 1991. Wondering why I would have kept it, I flipped through it and found my own name! I'd written a synopsis for Dirty Pair: Flight 005 Conspiracy (anyone else old enough to remember having to use synopses)?

I'd completely forgotten!

------RM
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:09 pm Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
I don't believe this! I'm already a writer for Protoculture Addicts!!

So what you're saying is..
YOU are the mastermind behind all of this, and thus we should look at your resume to determine what other things ANN will get involved in? :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

we should look at your resume to determine what other things ANN will get involved in? Smile

... in 13 years' time Razz
Belldandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Very cool. I've been checking out PA off and on for years (first issue I think was the X movie one, very handy when I only had access to the movie from a raw laserdisk) and have always loved the coverage it has provided. Hopefully this will encourage more comic shops to order it and display it promenety (sp)!
Tamakun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:46 am Reply with quote
Congratulations! I definitely will look forward to seeing this. Very Happy
robotenchi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote
Hello all Very Happy

I am new to this site ,have to say never heard of Anime News Network.com before,,,I just come off the Protoculture website seeing why the long delay of the latest Protoculture and to find out they have partnered with ANN for the next issue.
I am glad of this Very Happy it will show Protoculture to more anime fans ,I have been reading Protoculture the last 10 years((Yes i am a Robotech Fan Laughing )) I was worryed for a moment Protocultre was going to go the way of the DODO.But with ANN new injection of fans I think Protoculture will be around for a while yet.
ANN you have a partnership with a great Magazine and working together you will go along way,wish you both the best for your futures,,well I could prattle on and on ,but Just to let you know I am all for the Partnership Congrats to you Both.

PS: will there be only your website we come to for protoculture in the future.

Robotenchi
AKA ( Johnny) Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5