• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight, 2nd Haruhi Season's English Casts Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuk_shinigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
John Casey wrote:
machetecat wrote:
*excited as hell* YES!!! YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! I'M TOTALLY GONNA BUY SEASON 2!!!!

And I think they basically said that we're getting all of endless 8 so YES AGAIN!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!

You won't be rooting for too long...
Naw, I saw it when it originally aired. I know what I'm in for. It's gonna be hilarious.

I cant wait to get this. hope it comes to the UK soon , though i doubt that. having read all the bad irritation of 'former' haruhi fans, and their ranting regarding how 'bad' the second season is ( especially the hostility towards the Endless Eight episodes) i dont think the show is gonna see these shores any time soon. sadly to say.

Just one thing i dont quite get, what exactly is so 'BAD' about 1 episode being re-told 8 times from 8 different angles ??? I think it might be quite interesting , and im definitely looking forwrd to seeing that . The show has always been quite (thematically) different from most others, so i dont know what the problem is.

Im sure I will enjoy it immensely , just like the first season, and the books are awesome too... it IS one of the best anime out there after all. Cant wait to hear the English dub !
Ryuk_shinigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
The dub keeping the same has cemented my purchase for the second season.

I can't believe people like one order over the other. Personally, I love both orders equally and I even made up my own for the hell of it. Heck, that's part of the reason why I love it as much as I do, because I can watch it different ways.

Vampire Knight is on my to watch list and I'll probably pick it sometime down the road. Could care less about the dub cast because I think all dubs are good (with very few exceptions) no matter who's in them and an actor will never sway me one way or the other.

AMEN ! I couldnt agree more . Most dubs (these days !!!!) are very good and the voices fit well. English anime dubs are way past its 1990s stage when , at that time, yes the dubs were often quite horrible and the shows were edited and censored in millions of ways.

Usually the time i prefer the Japanese version is when I actually saw the Japanese dub before the english one came out.

As for other viewers, i think its just a plain ignorance to dismiss dubs completely because id say both Japanese and English can be equally good and in a few exceptions , we have already seen anime where its English counterparts sounded better (more suitable)than the original ones such as Ghost in the Shell, or even Negima for most parts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6